We all have that one dress.. we dream to fit in..

Options
poojapk24
poojapk24 Posts: 10 Member
Hi guys,
I have this really gorgeous dress. And i really want to wear.. I am now oversized for that beuty. I mean i can still wear that dress but i have dream that i will wear that dress with my nice curves ;) now i am really serious about it.. I hope i can achieve that. What do u think guys. Do u have similar story? :o

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    For me it was a pair of size 9 US juniors jeans that had been my favorite pair before I gained weight. I was able to fit into them again, but only for a short time (seriously like a month comfortably before I needed a belt). They ended up being too big in the end and I had to get rid of them. It was definitely good motivation when I was heavier. I now have 2 cute dresses (one with cut outs in the back) that I would have dreamed would actually look good on me before and a bikini that I bought from amazon (profile pic) in a small (something I never thought would have been possible).
  • Out4More2
    Out4More2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My birthday dress from 2014. I can fit into it now but I feel like a stuffed sausage. 15-20 lbs ago it fit great; and that is what I am working on!
  • karina0679
    karina0679 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just want to wear jeans or leggings without seeing a belly :neutral:
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I bought a dress on clearance the last time I lost a significant amount of weight (and then regained it in the blink of an eye!)

It was a fairly fancy dress and because I regained the weight so quickly, I never had a chance to wear it. It’s still hanging in my closet with the tags on! I bought it at least 5 years ago and despite many closet cleanouts since then, I just couldn’t give it away.

We are cruising in October and I’m really hoping that dress fits by then! I can’t even zip it up now, so there’s still lots of progress to be made!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    my whole closet has become my motivational dress. :|
  • hickey4127
    hickey4127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For me it's a pair of amazing jeans I would love to wear!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Wonder if I can make time to get into summer clothes this weekend and find something like that. I feel "meh" towards what I have. I'm actually wearing pants today I really like and was sad when they got too big. Darn fluctuations.
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just bought a bathing suit. I can get it on but it is quite snug. I am have high hopes that it will fit the way it should by summer. I have never bought an item of clothing that was to small before.
  • abrunner1
    abrunner1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a green dress that I want to be in by June 30 I started jogging been at it for 3 weeks now wish me luck!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a whole Pinterest board full of 'em... I look at it when I want to boredom-snack.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    All I want is for my jeans to fit the same whether I'm standing or sitting.
  • jlc102980
    jlc102980 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    In April 2008, one of my best friends was married in the Dominican Republic. All of the bridesmaids wore strapless, over-priced sundresses. Mine has not fit since summer 2008.

This past December my family booked a reunion-type trip to the Dominican Republic for this past April.

By some odd twist of fate, I still had that dress and even though I'll never wear it again (color, style) I swore it would fit me by the time I left for the Dominican Republic.

It did. In fact, it fit better than when I wore it for the wedding. But I still didn't wear it. I bought myself some sexy new dresses instead.
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of my clothes. The one I'm wearing in my profile pic doesn't fit anymore and I'd love to wear it. It was pretty cute when I was 180 lbs last year. I'm now at 207, after losing 5 lbs since I started here 2 1/2 weeks ago.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything in my closet when I was 15-20 pounds lighter
  • poojapk24
    poojapk24 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    abrunner1 wrote: »
    Yes I have a green dress that I want to be in by June 30 I started jogging been at it for 3 weeks now wish me luck!!

All the best!!!
  • smriti09
    smriti09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In 2012, when I was getting married, lot of dresses..i got for myself.... We indian girls always gain weight after marriage....and therefore the same happened with me...non of the stuff fits me anymore...so the challenge is to fit into those comfortably.
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    karina0679 wrote: »
    I just want to wear jeans or leggings without seeing a belly :neutral:

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I bought an adorable pair of jeans online with matching corset...so frackin cute...a couple sizes smaller than I was at the time but I figured I could make them a goal and lose into them...then they arrived a size smaller than advertised...this was 6 years ago...I have lost enough to get them over my hips...not enough to get them buttoned or zipped YET, but that day is coming!!!
  • Toribeth23
    Toribeth23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In 2010 I bought a dress that I fell in love with for a formal University event. Last summer I was invited to a "Gala" event and I thought that the dress would be perfect if by *any* chance it would still fit.... and it didn't. Like, at all. So... Yeah, one day I will wear that dress again!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I had a beautiful yellow trench coat with buttons all of the way down the back. I ordered it online and it was super expensive. When it came it was just the tiniest bit too small. I told myself I was just going to lose the couple of pounds to fit into it....I gained another 30 instead. When I lost the weight by the time it was the season to wear it it was way too big. Such a happy but bitter day when I realized that.