WATER WATER WATER

Options
Hi

Can someone please tell me why must you try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, besides the fact that it makes you full so you dont over eat and is it true that drinking lemon juice eats fat?

Thanx

Replies

• MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi

Can someone please tell me why must you try to drink 8 glasses of water a day, besides the fact that it makes you full so you dont over eat and is it true that drinking lemon juice eats fat?

Thanx
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice won't eat fat.
    It's important to drink water because water is used in all of the body's processes. No water, no processes, death. Whether you actually have to drink 64 ounces per day is widely debated, but it's generally accepted that your urine should be almost clear.
  • lreichelt
    Options
    staying hydrated keeps your metabolism up throughout the day
  • MoniQ
    MoniQ Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanx alot , its just so tasteless but you know someone once told me that the most disgusting, tasteless foods are the best. Do you do any strength training or cardio during the day?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Thanx alot , its just so tasteless but you know someone once told me that the most disgusting, tasteless foods are the best. Do you do any strength training or cardio during the day?

I don't really think that's true...I know plenty of foods that are disgusting AND bad for you. :laugh: I like eating healthy food. It makes me feel good.

I have been lifting for about 3.5 years now. I do cardio as well. I do anywhere from 3-6 days of lifting depending on my goals and how strenuous the lifting is--powerlifting vs.endurance, split vs. whole body. I do as much cardio as I need to in order to maintain my cardiovascular health and help me eat more than 1300 calories a day. I enjoy running and when I have time I'll run several miles a day. If it's too cold or I don't have that much time I'll jump on the stairmill for 15 minutes and hit a few other machines in the same fashion until I reach 45 minutes, or just run on the indoor track.