Love lifting?!

Options
jasmang
jasmang Posts: 48 Member
I am looking for lots of friends with positive attitudes who love LIFTING!! I want to meet other people who are less concerned with a "goal weight" and more concerned about being healthy, eating clean, developing muscles, and lifting heavy.

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I user to be a cardio bunny..lol did my bike 5-6 days a week for 90 mins each day. Now I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of lifting. I absolutely love lifting
  • theWODdoll
    theWODdoll Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love lifting also, I added you (:
  • dottie714
    dottie714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Added u ... I'd like to learn more about lifting... Do les mills pump and then cardio classes
  • jasmang
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    I user to be a cardio bunny..lol did my bike 5-6 days a week for 90 mins each day. Now I do 3 days of cardio and 3 days of lifting. I absolutely love lifting

same!! cardio bores me now!! i lift 4-6 days a week and do cardio whenever... i got a fitbit like 3 weeks ago though, and i have been doing a lot more cardio to try and get more steps than all my friends... haha
  • jasmang
    Options
    dottie714 wrote: »
    Added u ... I'd like to learn more about lifting... Do les mills pump and then cardio classes

i have done les mills body pump a few times! i think that is a super great way to get started with lifting!!
  • dottie714
    dottie714 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thx jaz, I definitely feel fitter and love the strength training, triceps and biceps but I do struggle with legs
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am a brand new little baby at this. I am at a healthy weight and at a point that I could lift if I wanted. I've never really done lifting ever. I don't know how to use most of the machines. I do have a weight bench that is currently being used for storing things on, haha. I have more experience with yoga, pilates, and cardio. I would love to meet new friends who lift or are in the same position as me to learn from. Please add me :)

What is les mills body pump? Is that for a beginner?
  • jasmang
    Options
    Kellikat80 wrote: »
    I am a brand new little baby at this. I am at a healthy weight and at a point that I could lift if I wanted. I've never really done lifting ever. I don't know how to use most of the machines. I do have a weight bench that is currently being used for storing things on, haha. I have more experience with yoga, pilates, and cardio. I would love to meet new friends who lift or are in the same position as me to learn from. Please add me :)

Go on YouTube and look up les mills body pump! It is a class that is offered at many gyms. It's like group lifting, full-body. Do you have a gym membership? If so, they will often do a free trial session for personal training. See if that is an option for you. I recommend it because without proper form and instruction, it can be really easy to injure yourself. If that's not an option, check out bodybuilding.com ... They can help you find cool workout plans for free, based on your goals and abilities. They also have tons of different exercises and videos of how to do each one!! Two really important things to remember are to look in the mirror so you can try to have as good form as possible (so as to not injure yourself!) and that you really do need to challenge your muscles if you want them to grow, so work your way up to heavy lifting! :)
    Good luck with everything!!
  • kassygil2
    kassygil2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm starting lifting now.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I love lifting! Added you
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started with lifting.. throwing my scale away!!! Add me!
  • IllyAl116
    IllyAl116 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE lifting!!! I'm actually gaining weight because of the muscle and it's awesome!
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    jasmang wrote: »
    Kellikat80 wrote: »

Go on YouTube and look up les mills body pump! It is a class that is offered at many gyms. It's like group lifting, full-body. Do you have a gym membership? If so, they will often do a free trial session for personal training. See if that is an option for you. I recommend it because without proper form and instruction, it can be really easy to injure yourself. If that's not an option, check out bodybuilding.com ... They can help you find cool workout plans for free, based on your goals and abilities. They also have tons of different exercises and videos of how to do each one!! Two really important things to remember are to look in the mirror so you can try to have as good form as possible (so as to not injure yourself!) and that you really do need to challenge your muscles if you want them to grow, so work your way up to heavy lifting! :)
    Good luck with everything!!

Thank you! I don't have a gym membership but I may in the future. I will check out those websites.
  • jacintovillarreal77
    jacintovillarreal77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to lift but don't know where to start I just do cardiovascular at gym I'm new I just need some help
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I lift but don't eat clean.
  • rsenor
    rsenor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I totally got jazzed on lifting about 10 years ago...I had always done just cardio and focused on numbers until my husband, a bodybuilder, convinced me that the better way to go was to stop focusing on numbers and cardio and start focusing on body fat and lifting with cario. So I took swimsuit photos, eek, did 12 weeks alternating days lifting and cardio plus one day off (Body For Life if anyone is familiar, has fallen out of fashion but is still a great program), and lost 5 pounds. If I'd just been looking at the scale I would have been depressed. But! I had also taken body fat percent and done photos and photos don't lie, and the difference between start and end was outstanding! Since then I feel I only do well if I make sure lifting is integrated into whatever type of exercise I do. Lately I have been doing T25 which is awesome but not enough to help me stay truly in shape. Thin, yes, in shape, not so much. But I love the at home programs.
  • jasmang
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    I'm just getting started with lifting.. throwing my scale away!!! Add me!

Yes!! I don't weigh myself that often anymore because I haven't lost a pound, but if I look at pics of myself from January, I am WAAAY slimmer and more muscular!
  • jasmang
    Options
    I would like to lift but don't know where to start I just do cardiovascular at gym I'm new I just need some help

See my response above to another girl who is interested in getting started!! :)
  • jasmang
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I lift but don't eat clean.

I only eat clean because my stomach is so sensitive, I get so sick when I don't... If I could, I think I would live on Oreos and waffles.
  • jasmang
    Options
    IllyAl116 wrote: »
    I LOVE lifting!!! I'm actually gaining weight because of the muscle and it's awesome!

YAAAASSS high five!!