1 month in and lost almost 7 inches

Options
Hey! So for the past month I've been counting calories and trying to be active daily. Tomorrow will be one month of exercising and eating health and I've lost 6.75 inches overall. I'm just wondering is that good, bad or about average? I decided not to weight myself because it can discourage me so I'm really unsure what is the norm for losing inches. Thanks for the help!

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter how it compares to others? You're losing inches, and that's fantastic.
  • kelseyframe91
    kelseyframe91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow. Well done! That's a great achievement for just one month. Keep it up :)
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Dunno how it compares to others, would prob depend on your starting point. I think it sounds phenomenal though! Congrats!
  • Wombat468
    Wombat468 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I always find it odd when people talk about total inches lost. Surely it depends how many areas you measure! I might measure my waist and have lost 3 inches, but if I then add in my thighs, calves, forearms, neck, wrists, fingers, knees etc I could get up to a huge number. It doesn't tell anyone anything, really. But congratulations on your loss to date!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Be happy you have done marvelous- losing inches is important as well!
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm about one month in and have lost about 10 pounds and only about 3 inches, but I am totally stoked about. For reference, I am 5'5" and now weigh 155. I'm measuring the MFP progress measurements of waist, hips, thighs, neck and chest. Be happy with 7 inches in 1 month - you are doing wonderful! Also pay attention to your face and take pictures to see your progress better. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, keep it up :smile: