How do you log your workouts?

Options
I was curious to hear what people are using to keep track of their strength/resistance workouts. I don't mean just calories burned, but for examples, weight, sets, and reps.

Replies

• llmg970
    llmg970 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I use the body space app. It was a free download
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love FitNotes. I don't log my exercise on here cause I don't bother eating my exercise calories back anyway.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i just have a spiral notebook in my gym bag.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    I have a moleskine notebook where I put in my planned workouts for the upcoming week. Any deviations from program I'll write in during the workout.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I use a multisport GPS+ABC watch, a Garmin Fenix 3. I press a button to start an activity, select what I'm doing from a menu, then it records my location, heart rate, speed, power, etc, every second until I finish. Online it gives me a calendar view of everything I've done, detail views of my activities complete with maps, overlaid graphs, and reports like how many hours I've done this week, how many miles I've put on my bike's chain (so I know when to replace it), and my fitness and training stress metrics. All of that happens automatically, I just tell the watch what I'm doing and hit a start/stop button.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The "notes" section in my phone.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use Fitness Buddy. Has a lot of great features and the ability to create custom exercises and workout plans. It also has a place to log body measurements and it will show your progress on all exercises done (great for lifters).
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Google Sheets
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I keep a notebook in my bag, but I recently started using FitNotes. I like the app, because I can look at it anywhere.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • bigbmudgirl
    bigbmudgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I use either Mapmyfitness, or runtastic. Both are pretty good apps.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I use fitness pal and list each strength exercise I do at the bottom of the exercise log the top is for cardio and just stregth training
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I use a white board in my home gym. Back when I went to the gym, I just used memory. The white board is better.

Google Sheets seems like an easy way to go, unless you're going Stronglifts or something that has an app dedicated to it.
  • zoemay101
    zoemay101 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use GymBook. It's simple and gives a demonstrations too. For starting out I've need reminders on each exercise.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    pen and paper.
  • basisbreakdown
    basisbreakdown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great replies! It's interesting to see the plethora of options out there. Previously I had used a spreadsheet, but recently started Stronglifts 5 x 5 so the app has been pretty handy.

Do any of you utilize the graphs that some of the apps provide or maybe even make your own to visualize your progression over time to get further insights into how your workouts are going?
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Old school, in a note book that I keep In my gym bag. Normally on Sunday's I write down my work out for each day of the week. I find it useful to be able to easily look back and see progress. Writing it down just seems a lot easier than trying to enter it in an app