Need over age 40 MFP friends

Options
Feel free to friend request me if you too experience the fitness disadvantages of being over 40. I need a group of people that understand the struggle, who will inspire me to keep going.

Replies

• Skeeterbug13
    Skeeterbug13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 39 but post menopausal due to cancer. Wanna be friends????
  • sheilasawyer534
    sheilasawyer534 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • kevin3676
    kevin3676 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    40 here
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 47, no fitness disadvantages here! I'm fitter now than I was in my 20s and in best shape ever.
    All thanks to joining here 4 years ago. :smiley:
    All the best for your journey :smile:
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Not sure about he disadvantages.

After 6 months of hard work, I am probably in the bat shape I've been since HS.

• dclark432
    dclark432 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends too. 50 young
  • InfoomaousTete
    InfoomaousTete Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    42 here and always looking for support in the struggle...because it is real! :)
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    45 here, working hard a getting back in shape. Feel free to add.
  • vincema01
    vincema01 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    46 here , feel free to add me ..
  • rsenor
    rsenor Posts: 57 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    so over 40 and OVER 40, friended you. This is one of my favorites about working out in your forties:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/exercise_response

ikq58pwi93le.jpg
  • sheilasawyer534
    sheilasawyer534 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes!! That is exactly how it has been for me. I have always been able to gain a few and lose a few. I've always kept tabs on my weight and have been able to stay around 130 lbs. I had crept up to 145 and have been working for 6 months to get back down. It has been a struggle. What use to work doesn't anymore. 10 lbs to go!
  • Jim_i25
    Jim_i25 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    56 years young. Just keep charging on and stay positive.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i requested you, i have same story except i let it creep a little higher than 145. you need to increase protein and limit carbs and sugar to get it off. also weight lifting is very helpful. for me it is not just CICO at this point. also, make sure you are logging correctly, you don't have a lot to lose and measuring really helps.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Just turned 50.
  • dmcatlady
    dmcatlady Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes!! That is exactly how it has been for me. I have always been able to gain a few and lose a few. I've always kept tabs on my weight and have been able to stay around 130 lbs. I had crept up to 145 and have been working for 6 months to get back down. It has been a struggle. What use to work doesn't anymore. 10 lbs to go!

Yep the struggle is real. I have been the same weight for the last few years and then I had my annual physical last month (I turned 44 in March) and found I had gained 5 pounds in a year, and was definitely feeling it more. Nearly constant heartburn and sad to think that I weigh almost as much now as I did fully pregnant with each of my kids! I told the doctor I could not understand why since I'm still exercising and didn't feel like I was eating worse than usual, but metabolism after 40 just gets worse.

It's been hard work but I'm determine now to get back to a respectable weight and to be able to fit in all my clothes comfortably again. Good luck and feel free to add me!