Starting Again... Again!

Options
Katrina342
Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
Hey everyone,

So I'm not actually new to MyFitnessPal, I've had this account for a few years now and have used it on and off. I think one thing that I never put enough effort into was building a community and meeting people that can help encourage me to reach my goals, and that I can encourage in turn!

I'm a 21 year old student in my last semester at University in New Zealand. I'm not really overweight, but I also don't eat as well as I should, and I don't exercise as much as I would like too. This often leads to me becoming really disappointed in myself and feeling guilty for the *kitten* I eat... I then decide to start a-new, but it never seems to last. Maybe with the MFP community I can make it last!

I also have some stomach issues which means eating badly can make me feel pretty *kitten* quite quickly, so I don't just lie in bed feeling guilty but also uncomfortable and slightly nauseous. Somehow, I always forget about that feeling when the next chocolate bar comes along...

Sorry about the rant...

Would love to meet some new people so that we can work towards some goals together!

Replies

• NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This sounds familiar.. I'm back here after on again off again. I was always a lurker in the message boards but, never added any friends. This time around I becoming a little more active in the message boards and slowly adding friends- I've been back 6-7 weeks and it has already seemed to make a difference.
  • Camilladr94
    Camilladr94 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    This is me too. I can't count on one hand how many times I tried to change my lifestyle. For me it's not just about loosing weight, I need to change it all too keep it up.
    I hope that someday I fall into a rhythm, that I can be happy with.
    This time I, like you, would try to use the community here on MFP, and see if the backup from other people with the same goals have an impact on my lifestyle change.
  • blonde_passion
    blonde_passion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm from Canada, but it's such a dream of my to see New Zealand!

I'm new here (about a week) and I love the community on here and the support system, I find it makes things so much easier and more enjoyable. I hope this will help you reach your goals too!

I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm more here to track what I eat and see where I can make improvements for my health. I'm pretty active and love chatting on here too.

Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'd love to help motivate you to reach your goals. By the way, congrats on last semester....almost there!! :)
  • lawdawgme
    lawdawgme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally there. Gotta say, it's a little scary getting back in the saddle but good to be here. Good luck on your journey.
  • duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    you are not alone in starting again... but one of the times, it will be the one that sticks.... :smile:
  • Katrina342
    Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all of your positivity and kindness! I've added you as friends, hopefully we can get to know each other and help each other out :smile:. Feel free to send me a message as well!