Tired of Re-starting,now lets commit!

Options
As April ends it ends with my failures to stick to my new lifestyle of wanting to lose weight and be healthy.

I started beginning of July 2015 managed to lose 13kg by December 2015, when the holidays started I didn’t stick to eating my recommended calories and I gained. Since December I have tried to get back but haven’t been successful I tried so many times. I have gained 5.1kg back and I hate that.

Today I want to commit myself to sticking to this new lifestyle. I will like to lose at least 8kg for a start, on weekly basis I want to write my progress on this post to update on what I have achieved to keep myself accountable, committed and motivated. I use to feel so happy when I was dropping the weight and people were commenting on how good I look now I don’t have that confidence and happiness anymore and I want it back!

I am starting beginning of May 2016 at 88kg. Every Friday I will update on my current weight, the first update will be on 06 Friday 2016.

I would like some friends to go through this together.

Thanks.

Replies

• JennMM0123
    JennMM0123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Please add me, I'm there with you!! I want to lose 37 this year, lost the first 16--but I have completely stalled out and have been committed this month.
  • maxwellsusan5
    maxwellsusan5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon too and iv got 77lb to lose I need support as well coz I don't even know how to start it all over again and keep at it
  • KetoTeacher
    KetoTeacher Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My third try and I have 80+ to lose. add me. :D
  • hannah82nz
    hannah82nz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds similar to mine. I lost 20lbs last year and put 10lb back on over the Winter, which I keep losing some of, then fall of the wagon. It's crazy how quick the scale rises when you let yourself indulge..thinking 'it's ok I know I can get this off again'. Add me if you want some mutual support and general butt kicking :)
  • mdwaite644
    mdwaite644 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle...count me in too. I would like to lose 18lbs.
  • roxylmbt
    roxylmbt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in. I need some support to stay on track. I am trying to lose as much weight & inches as possible by June 18 which will be my 29th birthday & I want to look as well as feel my best! So add me all! Roxylmbt. I am currently eating 1460 calories per day while do 30min of jogging, 30min ofsitup, pushup, leg lifts ect. then 15min of jumping rope. So I would like to lose around 15lbs is 5 weeks ;)
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    JennMM0123 wrote: »
    Please add me, I'm there with you!! I want to lose 37 this year, lost the first 16--but I have completely stalled out and have been committed this month.

Good job for managing to commit for the past month, please stick to it I will add u.

• RegainFiks
    Options
    I have fell off the wagon too and iv got 77lb to lose I need support as well coz I don't even know how to start it all over again and keep at it

Let's start by setting goals and planning what to do nutritional and exercise wise.
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    I will add you all who requested so as soon as I hav access to my computer.

I will be so glad if we can also update our progress on a weekly basis on this post so we can stay committed and motivated by our achievements.
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    I hope you all staying committed to your plans,it has been a week since i have vowed to start a new life style. I am very happy with the progress I have made and it has not been easy at all. Here are my results for this week.

Start weight 29/04/2016: 88kg
    Current weight 06/05/2016: 86.7kg
    Weight loss: 1.3kg

Has anyone made progress this week, please share.
  • DLman
    DLman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in need of support I am stuck in a rut and can't seem to find strength to get back on track!!!!! Please reach out n add me I really need help dr wants me to have surgery I don't want that or to take diet pills!!!! Unhealthy weight for my age n height... Let's do this together everyone!!!!!!!
  • newrach16
    newrach16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new and need support too , lets do this together , add me please xx
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    DLman wrote: »
    I am in need of support I am stuck in a rut and can't seem to find strength to get back on track!!!!! Please reach out n add me I really need help dr wants me to have surgery I don't want that or to take diet pills!!!! Unhealthy weight for my age n height... Let's do this together everyone!!!!!!!

Hello, that exctly how I felt a week ago but now I feel different like I am in charge of my own body. You can do this .
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    newrach16 wrote: »
    Hi I am new and need support too , lets do this together , add me please xx

We will indeed do this you added.
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Guys you can do it. I am 11 weeks in without giving up and i used to be just like you! Always failing after a week or two. Out of those 11 weeks i only had one week where i had a fair few bad days eating and that was because of a weekend trip to amsterdam and a birthday dinner (and a sod this week might aswell enjoy this Saturday night and start on monday)

My tips are
    1) accept you won't be perfect everyday, you will go over your calories but try and limit it to 2 days a week with one of them being your treat days.
    2) be patient. This wont take weeks, it will take months
    3) because of this give yourself a treat day once a week
    4) calculate your TDEE, take 500 calories off that number, weigh your food and drink accurately and log it all in the diary so you know exactly how good/bad you have been
  • Lwilso87
    Lwilso87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I'm on the same path, keep losing and gaining. Finally have stuck to it.
  • newrach16
    newrach16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The problem is I am a stay at home mum , with 3 young kids , Snacks and food all day long , it's really hard
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    Guys you can do it. I am 11 weeks in without giving up and i used to be just like you! Always failing after a week or two. Out of those 11 weeks i only had one week where i had a fair few bad days eating and that was because of a weekend trip to amsterdam and a birthday dinner (and a sod this week might aswell enjoy this Saturday night and start on monday)

My tips are
    1) accept you won't be perfect everyday, you will go over your calories but try and limit it to 2 days a week with one of them being your treat days.
    2) be patient. This wont take weeks, it will take months
    3) because of this give yourself a treat day once a week
    4) calculate your TDEE, take 500 calories off that number, weigh your food and drink accurately and log it all in the diary so you know exactly how good/bad you have been

Thank you so much for these tips will definitely use them.
  • RegainFiks
    Options
    @Lwilso87 good job for finally getting on track.

@newrach16 I will suggest that you plan your days a day before so that you work around your daily recommended calories, beyond that dont allow it. STAY IN CONTROL DON'T LET FOOD TAKE CONTROL.