Negative comments

Options
2»

Replies

• robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I lost just 20-some pounds & people told me to stop.
    -Do what's best for you, but don't over do.
  • AnthonyThrashD_
    AnthonyThrashD_ Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    it's your body, your life, your decisions, what do you care what other people think? And congrats on your weight loss
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! Not sure why people would feel they should be rude, that doesn't make any sense. Maybe they are jealous, maybe they are mean, maybe you look odd to them because they are used to seeing you fat, and they are just rude enough that they can't keep it to themselves.

• emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Crabs in a bucket mentality. If you feel good, keep it up.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Crabs in a bucket mentality. If you feel good, keep it up.

Everyday. Spoke w/my MIL about a week ago. She says how "You are looking good", then follows up right away with the "concern" that I may be doing something unsafe.

Fact is she likes her junk food and doesn't want to give it up, but blames her weight on her age. It would be nice if she could just accept that she is happy as she is. I'm not going to hold my breath.
  • mespreeman
    mespreeman Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ari7l wrote: »
    Im 5'4 and I weigh 52KG, i lost weight the healthy way and do not feel like i look skinny, yet people keep saying i look like i smoke ( i dont smoke) and they say i look sick n horrible. It really makes me feel bad. First they call you fat, then they call u a druggie if u lose it

uhi93ige9udt.gif
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    ari7l wrote: »
    Im 5'4 and I weigh 52KG, i lost weight the healthy way and do not feel like i look skinny, yet people keep saying i look like i smoke ( i dont smoke) and they say i look sick n horrible. It really makes me feel bad. First they call you fat, then they call u a druggie if u lose it

Are the haters overweight?