Favorite low carb/high fat snacks?

Options
jasmang
jasmang Posts: 48 Member
I started counting macros this week and I realized I need to take the carbs down and I have PLENTY of room left in my fat budget!

Avocados are an obvious win, but what are your favorite LCHF snacks?!

Replies

• BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Almonds, avacado, dark chocolate!
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Cheese.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Brazil nuts, pork rinds/scratching, nut butters
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Slice of ham and a slice of cheese( with or without pickle), cottage cheese and tomatoes, any kind of nuts, peanut butter and dark chocolate.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    bacon jerky
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Olives and cheese. Better yet, cheese stuffed olives. Nom nom nom
  • jasmang
    Options
    Mm thanks everyone, great ideas!! Bacon jerky sounds DELISH!! And why did I never think of dark chocolate?!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Uu0OhoA.gif
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Cheese and peanut butter.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    String cheese......just make sure you actually strip the cheese from the stick and not bite it....cause then it doesn't taste as good....and you are not human lol.

On a serious note

Beef jerky
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Kale chips
    Dried broccoli chips
    Pork rinds!
    Sardines
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Bacon, eggs, nuts (beware of cashews - they have more carbs than almonds or macadamias), Pork rinds was mentioned above - I like to dip mine in guacamole or salsa. :smile:
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Cheese, pepperoni, almonds, celery w/ no sugar added peanut butter, cucumbers + ranch dressing.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like Eas Advantedge Carb control shakes, i like Dannon lite and fit greek yougurt and cashews
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Pork rinds

Yes!

My go to has always been raw natural almonds. I avoid PB because I can't stop eating it.
  • jasmang
    Options
    String cheese......just make sure you actually strip the cheese from the stick and not bite it....cause then it doesn't taste as good....and you are not human lol.

On a serious note

Beef jerky
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Kale chips
    Dried broccoli chips
    Pork rinds!
    Sardines

I know, right?! If you don't eat string cheese correctly, it's not nearly as satisfying :p
  • jasmang
    Options

Oh my gosh this is EXCELLENT!! Thank you!!!!
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Do you or anyone find that with yummy low carb recipes as these look (and btw, thanks for sharing) increase your calories or that you go over your daily caloric limit or are you not counting calories? I would worry that I wouldn't have enough calories left by the end of the day eating high fat low carb diet. I know it must work or so many people wouldn't do it but how do you successfully do this and count calories staying within your allotted budget?
  • jasmang
    Options
    joobey wrote: »

Do you or anyone find that with yummy low carb recipes as these look (and btw, thanks for sharing) increase your calories or that you go over your daily caloric limit or are you not counting calories? I would worry that I wouldn't have enough calories left by the end of the day eating high fat low carb diet. I know it must work or so many people wouldn't do it but how do you successfully do this and count calories staying within your allotted budget?

I started counting macros, which means that I figure out exactly how many grams of each macro I want to have each day. This way, instead of just filling myself up with whatever, I'm properly fueling my body. When I started, I realized I was getting WAAAAAY more carbs than I ought to, and that I should cut down on carbs and have more protein and fats. So overall I'll still be aiming for about the same amount of calories overall... I'm just deciding to spend more on fats and protein. Does that make sense?