Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    That's what she said.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have wasted too much money on firming creams and none of them work.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Water consumption helps exceedingly better than many of the firming creams. As well as specific targeting exercise. Get a water app before you waste money on any other type of product.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I dealt with this when I lost over 100lbs before my last child. Nothing claiming to firm the skin is going to work. Drinking lots of water is your best bet. Reasonable amounts of healthy fats in your diet and moisturizing with whatever regular lotion you like/can afford do a little, too. After that, it's all up to age, heredity and how much weight is lost.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I don't think any of them work but if anyone has had success please tell us.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    There aren't any. The only thing that works is time, genetics, hydration and last resort cosmetic correction. Some creams are better than others to soften the look of stretch marks etc. I'm a big fan of pure coconut oil, I'm allergic to many beauty products, this is one of the few things I can tolerate.
  • MissWonderWoman81
    MissWonderWoman81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank You for your advice ladies
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use any firming creams ??

Ice cream
  • slmacyszyn
    slmacyszyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Retina a 0.4% for a month also theres non surgical facelifts done at many spas with laser diodes!!!! Im an esthetician ans have seen wonderful results with both !!! Worth a try in my opinion
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

slmacyszyn wrote: »
    Retina a 0.4% for a month also theres non surgical facelifts done at many spas with laser diodes!!!! Im an esthetician ans have seen wonderful results with both !!! Worth a try in my opinion

But are we talking face or body? I don't think using Retin A on a saggy belly will do anything, and it can be extremely painful. I had to use it when I was a teenager for acne. I stuck it out through two rx refills and decided I'd just rather have acne.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any creams that make a difference.
    Take a look into Gelatin (collagen). I take it regularly and have no issues with loose skin. I can't say if it's the gelatin or good luck though :wink: But it can't hurt to incorporate it into your diet either way.
  • rsenor
    rsenor Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    are you talking about saggy skin from weight loss or facial anti-aging?

for face, retin-A (encourages collagen development, need to get from a dermatologist), TNS Serum (its very expensive but very worth it, totally gross ingredients), regular IPL facials, and do facercise (see amazon). The former three will firm your face at the collagen level. The latter supports muscle structure; as you age your facial fat depletes (while it grows elsewhere, the irony) so by doing muscle exercises you can build up the areas where you formerly had fat.

I've been doing most of this regime since I was 28 and I am 42. I will spend every last dime on my skin because you don't get a new face, unless you're Joan Rivers.
  • MissWonderWoman81
    MissWonderWoman81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm taking about for my body. As I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm not as young as I once was....lol....I can see my skin starting to sag. I'm not looking for a miracle cure but any assistance is great. Exercise, hydration, clean eating and general skin care , exfoliate and moisturise is the message that I'm reading
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options

Honestly, I don't believe it. I tried it on the left side of my face and my left hand for three months, and used a cheap moisturising cream from the supermarket on the right side of the face and right hand. Overall slight improvement relative not not using any cream, but no difference.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

Honestly, I don't believe it. I tried it on the left side of my face and my left hand for three months, and used a cheap moisturising cream from the supermarket on the right side of the face and right hand. Overall slight improvement relative not not using any cream, but no difference.

I use the .1 Tretinoin cream and will vouch for it. I have zero genetic advantage; fair sensitive reactionary skin and a mom who had her face "drop" in her 30s, from chipmunk cheeks to old native american cheekbones and hollow cheeks. I fully expected to go straight from pimples to wrinkles, but this has not been my fate, and I believe it is largely due to the Retin-A, which handles both with grace and aplomb and oddly does not bother my skin.

To the OP, for body, no particular cream...Time, exfoliation and keep it moisturized, eat protein and stay hydrated, and hope for bounceback. It will slowly shrink but may not fully recover, that depends on how much bounce is left in it.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Take a look into Gelatin (collagen). I take it regularly and have no issues with loose skin. I can't say if it's the gelatin or good luck though :wink: But it can't hurt to incorporate it into your diet either way.

I've heard this a lot lately about collagen through ladies who I know do the Trim Healthy Mama diet. You always have great advice for everything! Thanks :smile:
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Also what kind of collagen do you recommend?
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    rsenor wrote: »
    are you talking about saggy skin from weight loss or facial anti-aging?

for face, retin-A (encourages collagen development, need to get from a dermatologist), TNS Serum (its very expensive but very worth it, totally gross ingredients), regular IPL facials, and do facercise (see amazon). The former three will firm your face at the collagen level. The latter supports muscle structure; as you age your facial fat depletes (while it grows elsewhere, the irony) so by doing muscle exercises you can build up the areas where you formerly had fat.

I've been doing most of this regime since I was 28 and I am 42. I will spend every last dime on my skin because you don't get a new face, unless you're Joan Rivers.

is that your face in your picture??? holyyyy. I need to start something like this now!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use any firming creams ??
    If you're talking about firming up loose skin from weight loss, there are NO TOPICALS that are effective since they only affect the epidermis and not the dermis. Genetics, age, and how much you have to lose along with time will dictate how much loose skin you'll have.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks @joobey :blush:

I use an Aussie product. A comparable American brand is great lakes.

http://www.greatlakesgelatin.com/