Having really weird womanly issues!

Options
actualbettycrocker
actualbettycrocker Posts: 195 Member
So I just finished having shark week for 16 days and I had also just started taking b.c this cycle on the first day of this fiasco. I'm down to four pills before I have to start the inactive ones. Do I have to start the inactive ones right away or can I start my next set of active pills?
Also I can't reach my doctor at all and her nurses take two days to return a phone call, don't leave a message, and call at really weird times of the day. This is my fifth day trying to reach them to no avail.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I would continue to take them as scheduled and see if you return to normal. Most women take a couple of months to even out. If it doesn't improve by the 3rd cycle make another appointment and ask to be switched to another brand.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You definitely need to talk to your doctor. Maybe if you can't get through to your ob-gyn, you can talk to your normal family doctor. But, there are brands of oral contraceptives (Lybrel, Seasonale, and Seasonique for example) on the market that let you skip your monthly period completely or only have it a few times a year.

And personally, I've skipped the inactive days in my pill pack and just started a new one when I want to 're-schedule' my period (for example, if I'm going backpacking or on vacation). My doctor has told me that in MY CASE, it's perfectly fine to do this. You would want to talk to your doctor about your personal health before trying it, though.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    You don't have to start the inactive ones right away, plenty of people continue on to the next pack without having a period. I would warn you though that it can mess with your hormones and then you can be really screwed up. If you start the next set of actives, when you start having breakthrough bleeding then stop the pills and have a period.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I actually don't take the inactive pills. I just continue the active ones, after about 4 months I stop the active ones for a bit. I have not had any hormonal problems.
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    Ah okay thank you ladies. I really hope someone picks up now. :#
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So, yes, technically you can just take the next pack of active pills and skip the reminder pills. HOWEVER, this is really something you should discuss with your doctor. Not all birth control pills brands or types are the same and not all are suitable to be used like that. You also need to consider whether you are a "Sunday Start" or a "Day-One Start" if you're going to take them like this. It's really better if your doctor know and can walk you through everything - I mean, I totally think I'm a doctor and 100% will try to perform minor surgeries and offer diagnoses, but alas, the US Government has yet to recognize my medical credentials :)
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said.

But alternatively, IUD is the way to go!
  • actualbettycrocker
    Options
    Guys guys guys they finally called back!!! The worlds worst phone tag game is finally over!!!!!! :* Is this the feeling of joy????