Pre-workout supps

Options
FiNnY22
FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
Anybody use them? if so, id be interested to understand your experience of them vs. performance? also any particular brands, im based in the UK.
Cheers

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Food and water.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Coffee and Skittles or Mike & Ikes. Not sure what candy is available in the UK though. :+1:
  • ArmyofAdrian
    ArmyofAdrian Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm in the USA. I only do resistance training so cant speak to cardio. I currently use SciVation Xtend BCAA's. They give me an energy boost in the gym. It mixes easily and tastes pretty good actually.

I used to use L-Argenine 3,000 mg thee times per day for a total of 9,000 mg per day. I had better workouts and felt more pumped all the time, but had to stop using them because they trigger cold sores if you are already prone to them. I tried a few different brands and always came back to a brand called SOLGAR. I'd still be using this if I could.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    coffee for me. Once i tried one of those pre workout pills and i cramped up in the gym, and spent the next three days shaking.
  • FiNnY22
    Options
    eww grim, think ill stick to my double espresso then!
  • jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com is where I have ordered from. Currently EVL pre work out grape flavor is my favorite. I've used C4 as well its not bad either and has many flavors.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Pre Jym or Pre Kaged have ingredient profiles that are clinically dosed and actually increase your performance. You pay for it though, @ $36 for 20 servings or $48 for 30. Both are exclusive to bodybuilding.com; another option is OutLift by Nutrex which also has a decent ingredient profile.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't like pre-workouts personally. I like Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. Two scoops has 160mg of natural caffeine and 5 grams of amino acids. I drink mine during my workout, but you can drink it pre-workout.
  • SarahPeters3
    SarahPeters3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    cgvet37 wrote: »
    I don't like pre-workouts personally. I like Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy. Two scoops has 160mg of natural caffeine and 5 grams of amino acids. I drink mine during my workout, but you can drink it post-workout.

I second this! The watermelon flavor is the best.
  • FiNnY22
    Options
    i wonder if they sell this in the UK... ill head out and have a look. Thanks guys
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    i like c4 ripped or just some bcaas.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Univera Extra, aloe Select, Regenicare and Govera all mixed with water. Univera are nutritonal suppliments sold online at NEw univera.com but do not know if the are a vailable in the UK
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'm a stim freak lol.

Currently on Cannibal Ferox Amped. Love it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not necessary, but fun. I waited until I absolutely needed one to get into the gym to take it..like falling asleep on the hour long subway ride home after an 11 hour work day. Now I always kind of want it so I'd say I'm a little addicted.