What's your favorite chain restaurant/fast food that has nutritional info?

Options
soccerkon26
soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
I want to go out to eat but I don't know what I want! I'm thinking Papa Johns, Chipotle or Wendy's :)

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Firebirds
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    On the whole I'm not a fan of chain restaurants...about the only chain I go to with any regularity is Sweet Tomatoes, mostly because my kids love that place for some reason and I can get a solid salad and I enjoy soup.

Chipotle is OK, but I live in New Mexico and we have far better local establishments for that kind of food. Papa Johns is just...no...not good pizza at all...so if it was between those two I would opt for Chipotle.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Panera. You can get a really good meal with the "pick two" for 500 or 600 calories. I especially like the kale chicken caesar salad.

Watch out for the Cinnamon Crunch bagels though--they are the devil.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Panera for me, too. I get the big salads, calories but more nutrition in there, it feels like eating food, not fast food. I do sometimes splurge on one of those crazy calorie rich scones, but only 4x a year or so.
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    Maybe I'll do Panera! There's one near me with a drive thru :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    Call me a food snob, but none actually. It's not food made with a passion, often sub-par quality ingredients to keep prices down, no comfy asthmosphere, and often no service on the table. No thanks.
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Call me a food snob, but none actually. It's not food made with a passion, often sub-par quality ingredients to keep prices down, no comfy asthmosphere, and often no service on the table. No thanks.

Good point! :)
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I will go to Freshii on occasion...but half the time I'd rather go hungry than eat at a chain.
  • Lukeneedscardio
    Lukeneedscardio Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to go out to eat but I don't know what I want! I'm thinking Papa Johns, Chipotle or Wendy's :)

I used to default to Wendy's when i would eat out alot and I would always get a large Chili with a side salad. It's delicious, filling, and a much healthier choice!
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wendy's ultimate chicken grill is like crack to me for some reason.

Chipotle is up there. Panera is great but somehow I always ended up spending $25-30 for two people when I go there.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    "Fast food"
    -Panera
    -chipotle
    -subway

Chains:
    -Cheesecake Factory
    -seasons52 (not nationwide)
    -Luna grill

Probably have a lot more but too tired to think of more lol. Fun fact at Panera! Here's a little food hack. They are somewhat overpriced, but if you order a "you pick two", you can add extra of most of the veggies for free! It ends up being basically a full sized salad, if not bigger, for the price of the you pick two. Then you also get your half sandwhich or soup. You can also upgrade soup to a bowl for a dollar more. So for a full sized soup and a full salad, it's a dollar more than the listed price of the you pick two!(: I think the only items that cost extra to add to the salad are kale, avocado, and edamame. But everything else like tomatoes, romaine, onions, cucumbers, carrots, pickles...etc are free!(: go Check it out :wink:
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Sadly I live hundreds of kilometers from the nearest Chipotle or Panera so it's usually a small Wendy's chilli for me. I take it home and dump it on a salad. Before I gave up dairy I'd usually get a small chocolate Frosty too :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Panera, Olive Garden, Mucho Burrito, Red Lobster, Subway

Unfortunately we eat a ton of Asian food and there's rarely nutritional information for that.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's. A large thin crust Hawaiian is 180 calories per slice. Some days I can budget nicely and kill half a pizza and still come in under my calorie goal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory, Seasons 52, or Uno's Chicago Grill. I always leave satisfied for 600-700 calories.

I avoid fast food but Panera is fine too.

I'm a food snob too though so I much prefer local cafés or restaurants.
  • Doit4theOMG
    Doit4theOMG Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Panera bread! Subway ok also
  • soccerkon26
    Options
    "Fast food"
    -Panera
    -chipotle
    -subway

Chains:
    -Cheesecake Factory
    -seasons52 (not nationwide)
    -Luna grill

Probably have a lot more but too tired to think of more lol. Fun fact at Panera! Here's a little food hack. They are somewhat overpriced, but if you order a "you pick two", you can add extra of most of the veggies for free! It ends up being basically a full sized salad, if not bigger, for the price of the you pick two. Then you also get your half sandwhich or soup. You can also upgrade soup to a bowl for a dollar more. So for a full sized soup and a full salad, it's a dollar more than the listed price of the you pick two!(: I think the only items that cost extra to add to the salad are kale, avocado, and edamame. But everything else like tomatoes, romaine, onions, cucumbers, carrots, pickles...etc are free!(: go Check it out :wink:

Wow!! Thanks so much for the tip! :)
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Culvers, cracker barrel , chilis , panera or Zaxby's
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :)