Tips needed

Options
stephanierevels82
stephanierevels82 Posts: 1 Member
I am looking for ideas and tips on eating healthier. All the current food I make for my family is high in calories and sodium. Trying to get more fresh raw ingredients but not so time consuming since soccer season has started and we'll take up a lot of my time. Any suggestions?

Replies

• DonnaSteward
    DonnaSteward Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You would be surprised at how many delecious vegetarian recipes are out there on the net. I try to make meals with fresh veggies, beans & etc., & my hubs likes most of them?
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    In general to get less sodium and calories use less salt and fewer can openers. Shop in the produce, dairy and fresh meat sections with very few exceptions.
    ..."more fresh raw ingredients but not so time consuming" ???
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Www.skinnytaste.com

Has great recipes
  • ex11b90
    ex11b90 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Agree with Nancy, www.Skinnytaste.com is a great site most of the recipes are quick and simple in addition to being low cal/nutritious. Haven't tried a recipe yet that wasn't good!
  • SusanofRockwood
    SusanofRockwood Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Start one meal at a time. I try to make sure my kids eat a good breakfast. Try overnight oats, peanut butter stuffed french toast. Now they refuse to eat cereal....do for a couple of weeks. Use pre cut veggies. The money you save not buying prepackaged stuff will add up quickly