To Change or Not to Change! That is the question!

Options
shantaraw
shantaraw Posts: 12 Member
Hola My Fitness Palers!!!!!!! I have a question for ya... When I first started MFP I had already lost almost 100 lbs in the year previous and I really didn't know if I was really going to like this site and/or use it or not, so I entered in my current weight. Of course this means my true weight loss is not showing up, only what I have lost since joining MFP. What do you think? Should I change my start weight to reflect my total weight loss or keep it with the weight I was when I started MFP? I am really asking this not only for my own motivation and the constant reminder that I have come very far on this journey, but also to inspire others that have a large chunk of weight to lose. Although, I love all my MFP friends/family, I especially admire those that have lost large numbers of weight like myself because quite frankly the journey is different for those us that have to lose A LOT of weight! Yes, I know that for some who only have 10 lbs to lose that can be just as tough as losing 100 lbs, but the journey is still different, if but for no other reason then the fact that it takes a lot longer. Not trying to steal anybodies thunder, but I just want to inspire those with large amounts of weight to hang in there and take it one day at a time because you can lose this weight!!!!!! There will be times when it falls off and times when it moves slowly, but hanging in there until you reach the finish line is the ultimate key!!!!!! Thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts!!!!!! Love y'all!!!!!!!

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Show the 100lbs baby and show it proud!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You should change it to your original weight. Either way..you lost it and should be commended for it. I dont think it should matter whether or not the loss was because of MFP or not...you are the one that made the changes to ensure a healthier you..so you should get the credit..

Way to go BTW...
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    I am kinda in this dilemma too....only I had lost only 12lbs before joining MFP! I put my beginning weight on MFP as the amount I weighed at that time.....excluding my previous weight loss, but I think i might change it, because seeing a larger weight loss really does motivate me!!
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Definitely change it! You deserve to show off after that loss! I was in a similar position when I started on MFP-- I had already lost 55lbs, but I didn't even think twice about showing my true starting weight! Haha!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    hell yuh!! you lost it! you show it! WAY TO GO GIRL!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I CHANGED MINE TO REFLECT IT! U EARNED IT... WEAR IT PROUD!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Honestly sweetie.. If I were you I would update it with your true weight because you are definitely here to inspire some people and most times people look for people that are going thru the same struggles they went thru...and just like you said...Let them know it can be done. I am proud of you for one because you woke up and did something about it naturally to get the weight off.. You have the drive and momentum that should be shared with others that started off the size that you were. I say go for it... I only lost like 7 pds myself before coming to MFP but updated my current..I don't think its a biggie...Buy you..you have a testimony and so many are struggling out there from the same things you already have done and still continuing to get to your goal...DO IT!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    change it!! If I set mine at when I started...it would show 16. When I post on forums I want people to know I've been there and I know how they feel.
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Change it! You worked hard for it and you should show it off!!! :flowerforyou:
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    CHAAAAANGE IT!! YOU GO GIRL! Congrats to you for losing almost 100 lbs!!! That is AWESOME! You deserve it! YOU GO GIRL~!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    How can you change it? I always wanted to put my weight when I first started losing weight, not when I started MFP
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me to change mine! (If I can figure out how!!)
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Same here. Except I was 231 in Jan. I might just do that too.
  • shantaraw
    Options
    I am definitely going to change it!!!!!! Thanks guys! See, this is why I love the folks on MFP! We are all in this together and the support, motivation, encouragement, advice, etc... that we share with one another is PRICELESS!!!!!! I saw it somewhere where you can enter your starting weight. I think it's under edit your profile. When I find it again, I will post it!!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME!!!!
  • shantaraw
    Options
    To change your start weight, you go to CHECK-IN, then right below where you put in your current weight it says EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES. You can change your start weight there! :)
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Heck yes add it! You should be proud of the fact that you lost that much before MFP! You rock!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    To change your start weight, you go to CHECK-IN, then right below where you put in your current weight it says EDIT PREVIOUS ENTRIES. You can change your start weight there! :)

Thank you! :D
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Change it..You earned it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!