Fitness Buddy?

Options
Looking for someone to help me stay motivated. Someone who knows about weight lifting at home and protein powder and supplements? Just started my diet 4 days ago so still fairly new to this!

Replies

• theresahopeveal
    theresahopeveal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"1 and 157 lbs. My goal weight is around 110. Trying to lose almost 50 lbs
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this for awhile. What questions do you have about protein and supplements?
  • theresahopeveal
    theresahopeveal Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A lot of questions actually. Do I need supplements and I also see a lot of people using powered drink mix as pre work out energy. Also what kind of protein would I need (there is many of them out there) and is it ok for me to use protein or will it hinder my weight loss process. I do want to build some muscle especially lower body.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    If you want to build lower body muscle, I've heard the Strong Curves program recommended around here a lot. I'm just starting it, but I'm sore in muscles that have never been sore before, especially my glutes. I love it so far.

I'm at a calorie deficit, and prefer to get most of my protein from food because it feels more filling. I use protein powder to fill in gaps in my diet when I'm not particularly hungry but need more protein. I like whey protein, and the brand I use is called Tera's Grassfed Dark Chocolate Whey or something I think. It won't hinder your weight loss, as long as you're logging the calories and sticking to your goal number.

I take several supplements for my nutrition and health, but none for weight loss or muscle building.