gained weight :o(

Options
well i just logged in my weight....not too happy because i gained weight since the last time i weighed myself....i wasn't going to but logging in the real weight will bring my true weight into prospective rather than just trying to hide it.....and make me work that much harder to get this damn weight off.....that being said....no more whoppers from burger king for dinner......no wonder i gain weight right???? ugh totally disgusted with myself.....need help getting into the healthy eating i would lose so much more weight if i would eat salads instead of burgers and pizzas....i'm a busy working mom of 4 children.....most of the time i am too tired to work out or cook healthy....its easier just to get a pizza.....or run through the drive thru and get fast food......anyone have any ideas on quick delicious healthy dinners....that don't require a lot of time cooking and cleaning? please help me you guys.....I'm spiraling out of control i feel and i'm so scared to gain all the weight I lost.....at my heaviest I weighed 246.....my MFP starting weight was around 185........ like 2-3 weeks ago I got down to 165......(was so ecstatic)...........I am back up to 174........(not so ecstatic).......well i'm speechless......I watched the new biggest loser weight loss series where that guy helped that girl lose all that weight in one year and was totally inspired....so let the weight loss begin yet again......game on fat!!!!!

Replies

• Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    Do you have a george formen grill? If so...burgers on that taste great and are super easy and fast (two burgers = 5 minutes..and you can get the Healthy Life bread which is only 90 calories. Pair it with baby red potatos (110 calories) which can be micowaved for 8 minutes and a steamable veggie and you have a great meal! ..that is easy..hardly in 'prep' dishes, and yummy. :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I used the smart ones meals and the healthy choice meals...not too expensive and they're so good! Great to have on hand! Cheer up...this is an adventure...and every adventure has good days and bad days! We're all right here with you :)
  • vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    I definitely hear where you're coming from. I can do really well for awhile, but then there will be times that I give in to what I really want. But I am a true believer that I do not deprive myself from everything, including burgers & pizza. I just don't do it all the time like I use to. As for making healthier meals for yourself & your family when you're really tired, Have you ever tried preparing your meals ahead of time during the weekends for the entire week so all you have to do is warm them up? You can even freeze them, take them out the morning of and warm them when you get home. I learned that while watching the biggest loser.

Well I wish you the best of luck!
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    Bump for later...I need ideas too! Your life sounds like mine!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If you are pressed for time with your cooking, try using a crock pot. Look online for some great recipes! You've got to stop eating that fast food and stop training your kids to eat it. It's nasty stuff. You don't have to live on salads. I eat pasta all the time but I watch my portion sizes. Just eat within your calorie limits and exercise to earn more calories. Don't give up! You can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can look online and find low calorie/low fat recipes for casseroles and things that you can make ahead and freeze then you will have something on hand. You can also make healthier homemade pizza with wheat crust. low fat cheese and all kinds of veggies. I hope this helps out. Also drink lots of water (which I am still working on).

Bev
  • daintycake
    daintycake Posts: 23
    Options
    Something that I find helps is to make meals ahead. So on Sundays I bake my egg muffins for the entire week that are used as a morning snack. Or i will prepare a baked ziti dish (whole wheat pasta and veggies!) and pop it in the fridge, the next day or later that week I just have to pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. You could also bake a bunch of chicken breasts so you have them ready during the week and just add brown rice and a veggie.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the success you've already found!

There are times where quick foods and drive thrus are the only way you're going to eat. When that happens there are still healthy choices out there. If you must order fries, get the small ones. And when you get a burger, take off the top bun. I know that sounds strange, but eating only half the bun will save around 100 calories, and you get to the best part of the burger right away! Even ask to have the burger wrapped in lettuce (what we call protein style at In N Out Burger).

You said you're a really busy mom - are you getting enough rest at night? Since you're probably running around all of the time, maybe try and find some strength training/stretching/yoga programs to work into your routine. Just a 10 or 15 minute session. Take a look at exercisetv.tv for some free videos, and even search youtube.

What kinds of foods are you keeping in the house? For me, I'll eat what's around me. If there's fruit, light string cheese, water, baby carrots, wheat thins...I'll reach for those. If there's chips, cookies, chocolate, soda, and other junk food around, it is easier to get sidetracked. I'm not saying cut them out entirely, that's no good either. Just have the healthy foods within reach and then add in 2 blocks of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate as a treat, which clocks in at appx. 70 calories!

You already know you're awesome and that you have the strength inside of you to do this, your body just needs a little change to keep going on the downward trend.
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Crock-Pot! I saw other posters mention this and remembered a great blog with fantastic recipes!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • mislove68
    mislove68 Posts: 240
    Options
    For me its grill season so its easy season. Grilled chicken breast just seasoned with mrs dash so no sodium added. I eat steaks and burgers and pork chops all the time. Just look for natural and check the sodium on meat!! I also eat birds eye steamable brown rice. That's easy and I microwave frozen vegis. Also look at vegi burgers and kashi pizza. Heathy but taste good.

I made a vow tomyself for no fast food or pop. So its been 4 months and feels great. Just made it not an option for me.
  • jessesgirl4life
    Options
    thanks thats an awesome idea!!
  • jessesgirl4life
    Options
    Thank you guys so very much for your inspirations and great ideas :o) i'm glad im not the only one here you guys are truly amazing thanks again!!
  • CaseyLynn3
    Options
    Sounds like all of Yall have great insight and helpful tips, I feel better just reading through kinda quickly. I am one of those people who has ZERO self discipline. I try and I try but usually I realize I have eaten badly after the fact and then it is to late. I stay so very frustrated with myself and looking in the mirror makes me feel even worse. Any suggestions?