plant based protein powder

Options
Recommendations on a plant based vanilla protein powder that doesn't taste chalky? Recipes with itis a plus. I have garden of life vanilla powder, but i can't seem to find a recipe that makes it taste ok.

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've only tried Sunwarrior vanilla, and I don't recommend it.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I use vega sport blended with a banana and water...I like it.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I've tried Vega vanilla and hated it. Right now I use the chocolate Vega but I have a process. I mix a scoop with 2 tsp cocoa powder, a splash of vanilla extract, and a cup of coconut milk. I use a knife to break up clumps stuck to the sides and then shake for a good 5-10 minutes. The result has a few lumps here and there but overall tastes like a chicokate milkshake. Would probably be more effective in a blender.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I use an immersion blender. No clumps. Ok, maybe a bit of banana clumps which I don't mind.
  • kirstinethornburg
    kirstinethornburg Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Life Basics protein mix comes unflaored and in four other flavors at Vita Cost. I also drink Eas Advantedge Carb control shakes available at Wal mart
  • dkginger
    dkginger Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like both sun warrior and vega
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hemp seed.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Which version of the Garden of Life protein do you have? I admit that I hate Raw Fit, but Raw Meal isn't bad, and I absolutely love the Organic Plant Protein. I've never tried the Raw Protein, though, so I can't voice an opinion regarding that particular variety.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have Growing Naturals brown rice protein. It's not chalky to me and doesn't upset my stomach like whey does.
  • immarunna15
    immarunna15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. It's garden of life raw protein. Got it to up my protein level for fitness and breast feeding. I needed something safe for thebaby. Not a fan of chocolate. I use the ninja for a blender
  • brandnew222
    brandnew222 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anybody tried the vegan bland or the pea protein isolate from myprotein? Their whey protein powder is great but I'd like something dairy free
  • immarunna15
    Options
    Which version of the Garden of Life protein do you have? I admit that I hate Raw Fit, but Raw Meal isn't bad, and I absolutely love the Organic Plant Protein. I've never tried the Raw Protein, though, so I can't voice an opinion regarding that particular variety.

I know they had a recall on many of the raw meal from garden of life
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I know they had a recall on many of the raw meal from garden of life

They've run a new batch if it since then. It's been out about a month or two, and there haven't been any reported problems with salmonella for this batch since then.
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i like vega... i also add matcha & it is fantastic. (:
  • stormflower
    stormflower Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Spiru-tein is amazing! It was the first protein powder I ever had, and it set me up with false expectations for how good all other protein powders would be. I particularly like the vanilla flavor.

You said plant-based, not vegan -- but I'll warn you that some of the flavors have bee pollen in them, while others are completely vegan.
  • immarunna15
    Options
    Spiru-tein is amazing! It was the first protein powder I ever had, and it set me up with false expectations for how good all other protein powders would be. I particularly like the vanilla flavor.

You said plant-based, not vegan -- but I'll warn you that some of the flavors have bee pollen in them, while others are completely vegan.

Is this plant based?
  • lynn1643
    lynn1643 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like Plnt by V. You can find it at the Vitamin Shoppe.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    2nd the plnt by vitamin shoppe suggested by lynn1643. Its chia, pea protein with other fruits and veggies in it. they have the protein and the meal replacement ones.

Another good one is the hemp protein 15g by nutiva
  • SuziWX
    SuziWX Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Unico Nutrition has a new one that's really good! It's a combo of quinoa, hemp, and pea proteins. It only comes in vanilla but it's got a great flavor. I mix it with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it tastes really good and isn't "gritty" like some can be.
    http://uniconutrition.com/shop/apollo-raw-vegan-protein-powder/
    I have a coupon code you can use to upgrade to free Fedex shipping as well: UNSV32
  • simplycidalia73
    simplycidalia73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    A friend gave me her leftover Vi-Shape Sweet Cream flavored vegan protein powder. It is so good! Light tasting and not chalky. I have no idea how much she paid for it, but I definitely recommend it.