MFP.... High School all over again?

Options

Replies

• mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Well I don't support " High School" behavior ...unless it involves pom poms & cheering...lol... I admit I'm not the "popular" ..one but I definitely feel the love from my peeps...not everyone is the same...& if you feel like you're being "outcast" by your friends ...then find new support groups here...that's the great thing about here...unlike high school ...it is easier to ignore & move on...or just take a break from here...this is a place that you should feel comfortable & happy to interact with people ...not a bad experience.... the only connection I have from now on MFP & H.S. is that I'm trying to get back to my High school size...hehe
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Haha! I wish it was HS I had a helluva lotta fun!
    Where's the parking lot crew??
    In HS, when I'd actually show up I bounced from clique to clique. Here I'm willing to be friends with anyone. Same as HS!! But at least on this site I care alot less what people think of me. Or whether I'm "popular".
  • SimplyFreckled
    SimplyFreckled Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am just posting here because half of the people on my friends list did...

<--- Lemming
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

<--- Lemming

Excellent.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Ho ho! MFP is far more dramatic for me than High School (or Facebook!) ever was. Maybe cuz I can't self-medicate in the bathroom and now my cheerleading uniform brings about tears of mourning for a figure lost and unappreciated. LOL!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I would comment but none of my popular friends are friends with you so I better not ! just saying LOL
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I am a little part of every group!! I have some friends from all of em...but not all of em from each!! And...I am ok with that :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except that maaaaaan I enjoyed high school. I was way cooler back then than I am on MFP. ;)
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    None of you are real, anyway. Figments of my overactive imagination, all.

Oh god..I love that..
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

<--- Lemming
    Lemmings are hot. Yes I need help.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Much like high school, I don't really pay attention to what everyone else is doing, yet somehow everyone loves me! ;) *hair flip* *smile-bling*

lol! :laugh:

*hands on hips* whatEVAH...... :grumble:
    You keep this up and you're totally not sitting with me at lunch.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am an outcast then, just like high school.:frown:

Don't feel bad. I'm an outcast too. Still the weirdo kid that watches X-Files and plays with a hula hoop. Cept these days it has fire on it. :):):)

YES!! Me too!! Except I gave up on the fire and just hoop dance now.
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    FOOD FIGHT!!!!!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am an outcast then, just like high school.:frown:

me too :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have noticed the cliques here. And I guess, like high school I'm not part of one.

But then again, I got kicked out of high school and was sentenced by a judge to attend continuation school.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I was really popular in high school. Everyone loved me. Actually Ferris Bueller was based on my senior year. They built a statue in my honor, but it was irrevocably destroyed in a freak dust devil.

So I guess I am the outcast in this thread for being amazingly popular. :laugh:
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Guilty as charged back then and now too!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Am I weird that I enjoyed the whole clique thing in high school? I had my group that were fitness addicts and they helped me find an identity in sports... the weird sports that is. Snowboarding and roadbiking mainly. I never did the actual high school sports as they were tough to get into since I never was put in sport summer camps or did all 3 years of middle school. I really enjoyed high school and think comradery was great! I think if you just stop resisting the natural way teenagers socialize and find where you fit in you will find you can survive just fine. :) That's just my experience though and I haven't noticed the "cliques" on here. I guess I'm not on enough or not observing it.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Oh god high school again! *cross fingers* no swirlies no swirlies