Whole 30!

Options
BriMcaffFitness
BriMcaffFitness Posts: 6 Member
Hey everyone! Just started the whole 30! Feel free to add me for motivation, tips, recipes, or anything !

Replies

• ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow:) Good luck!!!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've done whole 30 since August. Down almost 70lbs. Good luck feel free to friend me and if you have questions or help let me know.
  • kellygreen1991
    kellygreen1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is whole 30?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    What is whole 30?

An elimination diet with a pretty extensive lists of "don't eat this." Seriously, unless you have allergies or digestive issues you don't want this diet.

Lifestyle changes are something that can help you lose weight AND keep it off. Elimination diets are generally temporary changes you make to lose weight (unless you have medical issues). Then when you get to goal you are left with.....now what?
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    What is whole 30?

An elimination diet with a pretty extensive lists of "don't eat this." Seriously, unless you have allergies or digestive issues you don't want this diet.

Lifestyle changes are something that can help you lose weight AND keep it off. Elimination diets are generally temporary changes you make to lose weight (unless you have medical issues). Then when you get to goal you are left with.....now what?

This is precisely the reason for me to go on it. I have extensive digestibe issues that are not going away. Otherwise I think it's nuts lol
  • MargeinAtlanta
    MargeinAtlanta Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have done this a few times, and I would say while it is definitely really hard it is 100% worth it! I didn't have any allergies after I was able to purge my body of all the preservatives and unnatural sugars and just focus on eating whole and natural foods. It will definitely change your perspective of what ingredients are in the foods you are eating. Stick with it and it almost forces you into a lifestyle change - even when you add some things back in.

For me, the best things were/are green smoothies - cashews - apples. I lived on those for snacks and for breakfasts. oh, and avacados - gotta get those good fats in there!
  • Melodieccurn
    Melodieccurn Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 was meant to help people with inflammation diseases and allergies. Now I am not allergic to anything. I was close to needing a knee replacement due to arthritis or so I thought. My cholesterol was bad. Hdl 236 Ldl was 19. My bp was high and I was over 100lbs overweight . I'm a nurse and my doctor reccomended it . This diet has saved my life. I lost 70 lbs since August and went from barely able to get in 1/2 mile to running 5 miles a day . My bp is normal . My chol was checked in feb which was 6 months after being in w30. Bad chol went from 236 to 153 good cholesterol went from 19 to 53.
    Yes it's limiting . You limit crap . I have never been hungry. I occasionally will let myself have a piece of cheese or a grain such as oatmeal but it's a treat for me.
    If anyone needs a support forum there are some great ones on face book I can reccomend .
  • miboma
    miboma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whole 30 resources, it's all been done before...

Read, know, act. It's all here...http://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/
    http://nomnompaleo.com/post/42057515329/the-round-up-30-days-of-whole30-recipes
    http://meljoulwan.com

ChefMike
  • 1icewater
    1icewater Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did a Whole 30 challenge for myself last fall. Loved it and really didn't find it hard at the time. Felt good and lost weight. Even when I started eating the bad food when there was nothing else, I started feeling sick. I guess it was introducing my body to all that junk. Which soon took over again. Now I'm starting over. I'm easing into it, where I went cold turkey the first time. Breakfast, lunch and snacks are whole...supper sometimes is not. But I know what I need to do.