tae bo ... what to log?

Options
I am about to do a tae bo cardio workout and I wasn't sure what I would log it as...

Replies

• ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    LOL, I did that today too. I logged it as high imact aerobics.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi TinaS88, I'm a huge fan of Tae Bo. I don't log my workouts or food. I would guess you log Tae Bo as cardio. Maybe aerobics. Then again, it would depend on which Tae Bo workout you did. Did you do a cardio one or sculpting/strengthening one?
  • ColdLiquidFlame
    Options
    What do you mean by "log it as"? It's cardiovascular. Get a heart rate monitor to keep track of the calories you will burn. Good luck!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am about to do a tae bo cardio workout and I wasn't sure what I would log it as...

Search Tae Bo under excersises and it comes up......or you can use kickboxing - very similar!
  • emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "log it as"? It's cardiovascular. Get a heart rate monitor to keep track of the calories you will burn. Good luck!

Not everyone wants or can afford a HRM. I agree with the high impact aerobics being a good way to log it.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    @Cold I don't have a HRM hence why I am asking what others that do it log it under (in exercise). :P

@AZack. All I know is it says "Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio".. I found it online.

@SweetWater Thanks!!
  • AZackery
    Options
    Search Tae Bo under excersises and it comes up......or you can use kickboxing - very similar!

Tae Bo is kickboxing.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options

Yes, "Kickboxing" is what I log it as!
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

Tae Bo is kickboxing.

Yep - I would say it's more Kickboxing than anything else. I do Tae Bo and Turbo Jam (quite similar) on a regular basis and I enter Tae Bo under "Tae Bo" and Turbo Jam comes up under kickboxing. I do not have an HRM but on the Turbo Jam website it says you can burn up to 1000 calories an hour. I would say it's pretty close - guess it depends how intense you are when you are doing it! I love both the work outs - I have Billy Blanks Boot Camp and he kicks my butt every time!!
  • ColdLiquidFlame
    Options
    Not everyone wants or can afford a HRM.

$40 Timex HRM on Amazon. Works good for me... http://amzn.to/iIjb4N
  • TinaS88
    Options

Thanks but I didn't ask where to find a heart rate monitor. Not everyone is a single guy with no children and can afford to spend the money of that kind of stuff. $40 keeps gas in my car.. just saying :P
  • TinaS88
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!! :P
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options

For some its just not in the budget, students could spend $40 on a HRM or $40 on food. It might not be 100% accurate but as long as they are smart about estimating I dont see the harm.
  • AZackery
    Options
    Yep - I would say it's more Kickboxing than anything else. I do Tae Bo and Turbo Jam (quite similar) on a regular basis and I enter Tae Bo under "Tae Bo" and Turbo Jam comes up under kickboxing. I do not have an HRM but on the Turbo Jam website it says you can burn up to 1000 calories an hour. I would say it's pretty close - guess it depends how intense you are when you are doing it! I love both the work outs - I have Billy Blanks Boot Camp and he kicks my butt every time!!

I was saying that Tae Bo is kickboxing. I have been doing Tae Bo off and on since 1998, but have gotten back faithful to it last year. It's my number one workout. I have over 100 workout and yet, Tae Bo is still number 1.