This doesn't seem real

Options
mdonsbach
mdonsbach Posts: 102 Member
edited May 2016 in Introduce Yourself
So I'm 6'1, 38 years old. Let me tell you what I set on MFP. I started one month ago. I weighed 230. My target weight is 180. My goal was to lose 1.5 pounds per week. My exercise consists of walking 60 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. On Saturday's I'll walk anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Pretty much everyday I end up being about 100-200 calories below what MFP says I should consume. As for my food intake it usually goes like this. Breakfast = Oatmeal with raspberry spread/jelly/compote mixed in. Lunch = Burrito/Hot Pocket and an apple/strawberries. Dinner will be a variety of things from fish to waffles to chicken. Friday I normally eat fast food for dinner. 90% of what I drink is water with some flavor squirts. So far in one month I've lost almost 13 pounds! Don't get me wrong I am very grateful considering how much of a struggle it is for others to lose way but it just feel too easy what I'm doing. I will admit before I knew I was going to try and lose weight I did have a food binge as one last hurrah so I thought that might be some of it. But just this morning I weighed myself and lost 2.8 pounds this last week! I just want to be prepared if these #'s stall or level off.

Thoughts/experiences? If you'd like more details let me know. Appreciate the responses!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I haven't a clue what 'doesn't seem real'? But you sound hangry if you're calling people retards before anyone's actually replied???? :huh: :noway:
  • coggy1229
    coggy1229 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You will always lose weight quite fast initially but this will begin to slow down or level out once your body gets over the initial boost. Keep doing what your doing and your body will take care of the rest....everyone's metabolism and body reacts in different ways so it will be faster for some and slower for others.
    Good luck :)
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    mdonsbach wrote: »
    So I'm 6'1, 38 years old. Let me tell you what I set on MFP. I started one month ago. I weighed 230. My target weight is 180. My goal was to lose 1.5 pounds per week. My exercise consists of walking 60 minutes on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. On Saturday's I'll walk anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hours. Pretty much everyday I end up being about 100-200 calories below what MFP says I should consume. As for my food intake it usually goes like this. Breakfast = Oatmeal with raspberry spread/jelly/compote mixed in. Lunch = Burrito/Hot Pocket and an apple/strawberries. Dinner will be a variety of things from fish to waffles to chicken. Friday I normally eat fast food for dinner. 90% of what I drink is water with some flavor squirts. So far in one month I've lost almost 13 pounds! Don't get me wrong I am very grateful considering how much of a struggle it is for others to lose way but it just feel too easy what I'm doing. I will admit before I knew I was going to try and lose weight I did have a food binge as one last hurrah so I thought that might be some of it. But just this morning I weighed myself and lost 2.8 pounds this last week! I just want to be prepared if these #'s stall or level off.

Thoughts/experiences? If you'd like more details let me know. Appreciate the responses!

Congratulations on losing that much! My experience was very similar when I first lost weight. I didn't use MFP at the start; I just exercised more and cut back on my intake, and dropped 10 lbs the first month.
    As coggy1229 has written, the loss does indeed slow down later on, but it's not too bad, and you'll be at your goal weight before you even know it.
    Also, I completely understand how you feel. YES. It really is that easy. Unfortunately, perpetuated weight loss myths and mistakes make weight loss seem impossibly difficult, but in truth, those who truly take the time to learn the basics of CICO to burn more than they consume and aren't silly enough to eat a huge amount of unfilling food every day find that weight loss is doable and maintainable.