Phentermine vs. myfitnesspal

Options
Hello everyone,

About a year and a half ago, I found my self way over weight, looking for a way to speed up the process. I heard about a local weight loss clinic that taught basic nutrition, then prescribed Phentermine to whoever came in... I spent a few months on Phentermine and lost 40lbs. and reached my target weight. I was slim, trim, and feeling good... but then my prescription ran out and I started to come off of the Phentermine and found that I was "starving" all the time... I was unable to control my hunger, and ended up gaining back 25 of the 40 lbs. I lost... With this "supplement" I never changed my life style, or eating habits... Though I didn't eat as much, because I just wasn't hungry, I never learned how to eat healthier...

Now I'm doing myfitnesspal to get back to that target weight and it is completely different. My daily budget now is 200 calories over what it was before, but now I am meeting those goals without artificial assistance. Now I am more disciplined in selecting, not only the foods I eat, but also the portions. Now with nearly the same amount of calories, I am not hungry. I have become more disciplined and I am more proud, because the weight loss I am now experiencing is because of me, and my decision, not a drug masking my hunger...

Phentermine vs. myfitnesspal

winner = myfitnesspal

Replies

• doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Congratulations to you for doing it the right way and being healthy about it!
  • lanham74
    lanham74 Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations and welcome to MFP! I used to take phentermine all the time for about 7 years... and I guess you can say i was addicted to it, I never really knew how to eat right, I just knew I wanted to lose the weight in a hurry and Phentermine was my answer. Then, I couldnt get the prescription anymore and had no energy to even get out of bed. That was 2 years ago and I have been phentermine free since then. I find MFP wonderful since I have never actually ate, and lost weight. Now, I can eat regular food and still lose! How Wonderful!!! Good luck to you!
  • pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!

My mom and sister were using that prescription and to me it was just another waste of money on a crash diet. Sure enough, my mom AND sister quit within three weeks.

Thank you for being honest about your experience, I seriously considered asking the doctor for it but was so scared of the side effects and addiction possibilities that I decided it was much smarter and healthier to RE-teach myself how to eat properly.

Keep up the positive attitude!