Future Soldier

Options
Hey everyone,

My name is Emily and I joined FitnessPal a few days ago. Honestly, I didn't even know there was a forum. But it makes sense, accountability is important in reaching our goals.

For me, my main motivation is to get in the right physical shape to join the Army. It's something I've been sitting on for too long and have finally decided to make it a reality. The military is a tradition in my family and our passion for serving our nation seems to infect every generation as I currently have four brothers and two cousins in the military right now. If I were to get to my goal of swearing in by the end of next year, I would be the first female in my family to serve and I know that would make them proud.

To reach my goal, I have to lose 80 pounds and gain a significant amount of muscle.

Feel free to friend me.

Thanks everyone!

Emily

P.S.
And before I get comments on how I don't understand what the military is really like, I have done extensive research and have even conducted interviews with current and prior service members (both male and female) to fully know what I would be getting myself into. I received both good and bad feedback; for me the risk is worth taking.

Replies

• duckforceone
    duckforceone Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    As a danish soldier, i would love to support you on your great goal. :smile:
    Welcome to the family....
  • DennisA70
    DennisA70 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Love your determination, and a great goal to have.
  • ffmf2101
    ffmf2101 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude!!!! Keep it up and you will reach your goal!!!
  • travelgrl19
    travelgrl19 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What a great goal! You have my support!!
  • imoblivion
    imoblivion Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you going to boot camp? It's great for you to get in shape before you go. I was at lackland afb basic training when i went into the air force at age 20. I was almost underweight 98lbs and during the six weeks I was there with all the exercises, running, drills etc..and the 3 squares a day...I left weight 110 so I gained alot of muscle. The air force is nothing compared to army boot camp so I think it's great that you are going to be in primal shape when you ship out!
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    What a great goal! I wish you the best of luck!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. I'd love to be your friend!
  • emobley05
    emobley05 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry everyone, I was visiting my parents over the weekend and didn't log in. Thank you so very much for the support, and believe me, I am excited to give y'all the same.

Duckforceone, thank you for your service! I am ready for the day when I will be able to call myself a soldier.

Imoblivion, I have not even contacted the Army yet, I wanted to be in graduation shape before I even talked to a recruiter. Congratulations on that amazing muscle gain, I hope to do the same! :)

Again, thank you for your amazing support and the friend requests.

I know we can do this!

Emily