Anyone use Beachbody On Demand?

Options
freesoul
freesoul Posts: 24 Member
Hi there! I am looking for some advice. I am female, 40 yrs old, 5'1'', 130 lbs (at least 15 to lose) and not very fit, of course.

I was sick for about 2 yrs recently- life threatening stuff. I was cured about 6 months ago. Before I was ill, I ran 10-15 miles a week on average (but have done marathons) and did weights and yoga at the gyms 2x/week. Before that, I played roller derby and hiked.

I am trying to get back to some decent level of fitness...I have a couple obstacles though. The main one is, I work night shifts, and have to commute as well...so I sleep during the day and have only a few hours in the eves to eat, clean up etc, - because of that, both driving to gym and going to yoga classes is out.

I did try running again. I did Couch to 5K, completed, I can jog for 30 min with some effort...but i HATE it, so I'm not good at sticking to it. Its harder than it was, the results are not that great (not a comprehensive program by itself I guess), my body is not taking it easy...yeah its not working :(

I don't have the space for a home gym.

I was thinking of trying at-home workouts as an alternative; Specifically, the Beachbody on Demand subscription:

https://www.beachbody.ca/product/fitness_programs/on-demand-workout-videos.do?mkwid=ZmaNPl65&pcrid=10687499174&pmt=be&pkw=beachbody+on-demand&pdv=c&utm_campaign=CA|Bing_Brand_Beachbody+On-Demand_Main_Alpha&utm_term=beachbody+on-demand&trackingid=s

Thoughts??? Does it work, are they good, what is better to start with, etc etc

Replies

• Allanro
    Allanro Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im on the 2nd week of P90X3, It's really hard but you're motivated to keep going, I love it.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    First off, props on kickin' that illness in the @$$! You're a rockstar just on that!

Secondly, Beachbody On Demand (BOD) is a streaming service of all of Beachbody's classic products like P90x, Insanity,Brazil Butt Lift, Turbo Fire and so on. They have the newer programs like Max 30, Cize and 21 Day Fix as new and noteworthy programs and you get maybe one or two to do in the standard feature. If you currently have any of the newer programs, BOD will upload a full stream of it for you to use as a companion to your DVDs. If you like Team Beachbody products and have an IPhone or smart tv adapters like Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV stick then you'd dig it. Otherwise, I'd keep shopping around. As far as what to start with, it would depend on your goals. If you like to lift there's Power 90 and Chalene Extreme to start with, then you can move on to the X series. If you like Cardio theres Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Fire, and Rockin' Body, then you can move into the heavy hitters like Insanity and the Insanity:Asylum Series. Everything I've mentioned here are standard workouts that come in full stream so you basically have your pick of the litter. Hope this helps. :0)
  • Gofocoff
    Gofocoff Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beachbody on Demand is good! I am currently doing shift shop and have had great results in the past with it. Hope this helps