Is there any food you don't track?

Options
I just started tracking my whole coffee today. I use to just track my sugar and skip the drop of 1% milk and coffee calories. I normally round up my portions so I was OK with this. What about you?

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING even my gum!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I log everything too. Even spices like cinnamon. lol
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i purposely leave room for about 200-300 calories that i never log
    which includes:
    sugar free candy
    grazing on blueberries/dried fruit, cereal, popcorn, etc.
    i'd say it all adds up to around 250-300.

if i eat more than i feel comfortable with, then i will add it, otherwise, it doesn't matter to me (though I am obviously still aware of it)
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't log my Diet Coke or other zero calorie drinks.
  • Amie_46
    Amie_46 Posts: 60
    Options
    My Gummy Vitamins and Calcium Chews
    Spices & Seasoning
    Pam
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You should log every thing that you ingest. If it goes in your mouth you need to track it.
  • allthismusic
    Options
    I do the same thing with coffee. I just track the rice milk that I use in it. I use Splenda to sweeten it and I do not track that either.
  • aprilshowers13
    Options
    I dont log everything like, onions, mustard, vitamins, lettuce....
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't log my green tea sweatened with stevia.
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I don't track my sugarless gum, everything else yes, even mustard and such. I mainly do this to try to keep track of my sodium intake.
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    I don't log veggies in their natural state hardly. It's usually like 5 calories or so and I end up leaving anywhere from 2-500 calories left at the end of the day. I log all fruit though because even my grapes are 105 calories. I try to log everything though!!
  • mgreen10
    mgreen10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    gum, mints, vitamins, diet sodas, teas, water. Basically if something has <10 calories, I don't waste my time.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I don't log 0 calorie drinks, spices, or 0 calorie condiments like mustard. I know there's sodium there but sodium isn't as much of a concern for me as calories.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I don't log my Diet Coke or other zero calorie drinks.

You should, I'm afraid. Then add Sodium to your nutrients tracked under Settings and Diary Settings. Even though there are no calories in some diet sodas, they are loaded with sodium.
  • Rayanne203
    Rayanne203 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I log everything right down to the spices.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The only items of food I don't log are herbal supplements and my prunes -embarassed- they are like a supplement for me.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't log veggies in their natural state hardly. It's usually like 5 calories or so and I end up leaving anywhere from 2-500 calories left at the end of the day. I log all fruit though because even my grapes are 105 calories. I try to log everything though!!

you must not eat that many veggetable then. I think this is a misconception that most people have. Just because it is a vegetable does not mean it does not have calories!
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't track my gum, coffee unless its a flavoured coffee, mustard or if I ever have the odd diet coke. My sodium usually is under quite a bit so I don't care.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't log coffee or herbal tea (no milk or sweeteners in either) and I often don't log plain soda water, though I should because it has a reasonable amount of sodium.
    I log most of my other food though sometimes if I'm feeling lazy I will put in something like steamed mixed veges instead of logging individual veggies or might leave off the fresh chilli I add to dinner.
    In general I think it is a good idea to log everything, but I don't get stressed about leaving out very low cals stuff like baby spinach (if I've already logged some other veggies) or each individual kind of fruit that goes in my breakfast fruit salad each day. I just make sure the calories are accounted for in the same kind of food.
  • Bethannny
    Bethannny Posts: 66
    Options
    I used to not vegetables, but now that I'm trying to track vitamins as well, I do.