Ideas about healthy salads

Options
efi_amp
efi_amp Posts: 13 Member
For lunch,salad is a good idea.Can someone please suggest me healthy&fast cooking salads?:)

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Lots of foods are healthy. If you like salad, eat salad! What do you mean by cooking salads? They are made from mostly raw vegetables? You can combine any vegetables, add some meat, fish, seafood or eggs, maybe some starch - pasta/noodles, rice, other grains, or nuts/seeds, and then some dressing - oil/vinegar/mustard/yogurt. Almost any combination can work. It depends on what you like. For instance - take some green salad (romaine), tear it up, add some shredded chicken, a little pasta, pour over a mixture of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. That's it! You have a chicken pasta salad :D
  • __leis__
    __leis__ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same salad for lunch for about 2 weeks, 3 cups of spinach .7 oz of crumbled gorgonzola, .7 oz of walnuts, an ounce of dried cranberries and 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic dressing. With the cheese and nuts it can be a bit high in fat so I need to watch the other things I eat. if you want protein it would be good with grilled chicken. The flavors are so good, I really love it. Since I don't put meat on it, it takes less than two minutes to make.
  • efi_amp
    Options
    Thank you
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite salad: baby spinach and green leaf lettuce (amount is up to you); peeled & sliced carrots, sliced cucumbers, low sugar Craisins, and light raspberry vinagrette dressing; I alternate putting tuna or grilled chicken breast on it.
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I like using cottage cheese and balsamic vinegar as my main flavor sources (even better if its a flavored balsamic, I have lemon at home) and then chicken and lots of veggies
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    For a good while, I was eating an awesome big salad, then I needed to take a break from the salad.
    Spring Greens, Spinach leaves, cucumbers, tiny tomatoes, celery, onion, salad toppings (you can find at produce section, it has some tasting toppings for a salad). For protein, I will top with a boiled egg/s or tuna fish. I also love the Feta Cheese Dressing. It is a meal for sure!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    - Thinly sliced cucumber, onion and green apple
    - Almonds, roasted peanuts or walnuts
    - Vinegarette dressing
    - (Avocado and raisins and cheese cubes optional)

Was really tasty
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lately, I've been doing a lot of some variation on the following:
    • 1 cup (uncooked) whole wheat pasta. Like shells or rotini
    • 12 chopped kalamata olives
    • 6 chopped reconstituted sun-dried tomatoes
    • tuna, chicken, sardines, ...
    • maybe 1 or 2 other things like homemade garlic croutons, feta cheese or beans
    • home-made vinaigrette
  • huntj07
    huntj07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favourite at the moment is courgetti with peas, avocado, prawns, seeds and sometimes a little feta with a lime and little soy sauce to dress it. So fresh and delicious.
  • efi_amp
    Options
    Hmmm I think all are tasty,thank you very much everyone! You can add me if you want
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a large chef salad last night filling and light. I used 2 cups of basic lettuce/ carrots(bagged type), then cucumber, 1 boiled egg, cherry tomatoes cut in slices, light cheese, 1 slice of deli turkey and 1 slice of deli ham(both low sodium)next I used bolt house ranch dressing- it was Da Bomb!!!
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad at the moment is;
    2 cups mixed leafy greens,
    1 cup of mixed cucumber, tricolor peppers and tomato,
    100grms of diced oven-roasted sweet potato and butternut (I make a big batch at the beginning of the week),
    30grms of feta with a balsamic
    and olive oil dressing.

You can chuck in any protein you want on top (if you want protein but honestly the salad is so good it doesn't need it), chicken, beef strips etc. but my favorite to add in is some lentils.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    efi_amp wrote: »
    For lunch,salad is a good idea.Can someone please suggest me healthy&fast cooking salads?:)

Not sure what you mean by fast cooking?

I like to grill or sautee chicken and eat it leftover for a few days on top of salads. Put in a little yellow corn, peas, carrots, cucumber, bell peppers.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    efi_amp wrote: »

Don't put a pound of butter on your salad ?1!?!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I use romaine lettuce and spinach, add in some cut up carrots, onions, tomatoes, cauliflower, cucumber, 30grams of edamame, a couple tablespoons of hummus, and a splash of rice vinegar. So yummy!
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Romaine
    Tomato
    Cucumber
    Onion
    Jalapenos
    Banana Peppers
    Avocado
    Ranch Dressing (FF Sour Cream, Buttermilk, Ranch seasoning)

Add lean seasoned ground beef or ground turkey and salsa and it becomes a healthy taco salad.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is Subways chicken bacon salad. The thing is huge! Besides the chicken and bacon I get spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, green and yellow peppers and black olives. And then I add my own light ranch dressing.
  • skinnyforhi
    skinnyforhi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love kale salad because you can dress it in the morning and the leaves will hold up until lunch. For some odd reason, bringing salad dressing separately annoys me. Here's my fave:

*Kale, de-stemmed and torn into bite size pieces
    *Chopped walnuts or pecans
    *Crumbled feta
    *Berries or pomegranate seeds
    *Black rice
    *Dressing: fig balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt and pepper.

Massage dressing into kale leaves. Top with rice, fruit, feta, nuts.

For more protein, I am sure chicken strips or toasted chickpeas would work.