Is there any food you don't track?

Options

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I track everything including vitamins and supplements.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything... although sometimes forget little things like when I add chilli flakes to food, or other seasonings.
  • buttquack
    buttquack Posts: 10
    Options
    gum, mints, vitamins, diet sodas, teas, water. Basically if something has <10 calories, I don't waste my time.

Same..
  • taliak262
    taliak262 Posts: 7
    Options
    Even though I eat quite a bit of cilantro, ginger, garlic, and green tea everyday, I don't log them.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    my general rule is..... "If you bite it, write it"
  • evonday
    evonday Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't log spices, 0 calorie drinks, and tic tacs.

Everything else? I do my best to be as accurate as possible.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Everyone should remember that a healthy diet is also a balanced diet. Not only should we be keeping track of calories, but all of the other essential nutrients our body needs like fat, sugar, sodium, potassium, etc. Even though something may have zero or very few calories, they may be loaded in other nutrients.

I track everything even if it was a vitamin supplement. I even log my bottles of water during the meals or snack that I had it... this way I don't lose track of how many cups I've had. It may sound a little overboard, but it does help track trends.
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I log everything right down to the spices.

So do I! Even stuff I know doesn't impact even my Sodium intake...it's just to stay in the habit and stay honest with myself. The only time I don't log stuff is if I somehow just plain forget about it b/c my BB battery's too low to run the app without running it down completely, so I don't want to use it up, and save the logging for later. Doesn't happen often, but does happen.
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    I don't log my Diet Coke or other zero calorie drinks.

Diet coke has lots of sodium, you should log it
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Crystal Light drink mixes, PAM cooking spray, other tiny things that are next to no calories and only get used 2-4 times a day. I am not super strict about a few extra calories and if I am over by a little bit, it doesn't get me down. I'd rather eat happy and without excess stress and let this process take a bit longer than stress about negligible calories! :)
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't log veggies in their natural state hardly. It's usually like 5 calories or so and I end up leaving anywhere from 2-500 calories left at the end of the day. I log all fruit though because even my grapes are 105 calories. I try to log everything though!!

You must be eating almost NO vegetables, because the only 5 cal veggies that I can think of are mushrooms and celery. 3 oz (1 serving) of carrots, about 70 cals. 1 serving of broccoli is about 50 cals. Those 50 -70 cals here and there add up to a LOT of calories every day.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I don't log cooking spray, garlic powder and single spices. Everything else gets logged.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I thought I was logging every mouthful. I was not VERY strict about keeping at my 1 lb/week goal. (usually fell somewhere between that and lose 1/2lb/wk)

But I was fanatical about KNOWING what I put in my body. You can't make good decisions if you are not arming yourself with the truth.

Last week I was getting my morning coffee and snagged a piece of bread off of the free sample plate. And realized I do this everytime I get coffee at this shop (about 3x a week.) So after 9 months of tracking what I thought was everything. I realized I'm deceiving myself.
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • kirsteinm
    kirsteinm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have determined that I am obsessed with logging. Everything that goes in my mouth gets logged. Well... ok yes everything. :blushing:

Some may find it cumbersome I find it enlightening because I learn so much everyday about the foods i eat. Not just the calories but all the nutritional info (good and bad).

Get the app on your phone and it helps with the obsession. Just climb on board and drink the Kool Aid, this works!!! :laugh:
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    I didn't log sugar free lemon juice and some of the small portion veggies as well.
  • tsomo
    tsomo Posts: 44
    Options
    I didn't log sugar free lemon juice and some of the small portion veggies as well.
  • dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    I log everything but crystal light.
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING even my gum!
  • countrydarling1
    countrydarling1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    my general rule is..... "If you bite it, write it"
    I WRITE EVERYTHING & THE KITCHEN SINK! LOl!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I got everything, including supplements and 0 calorie beverages like tea.