How to curb sweets

Options
It so hard to say no to sweets. What to eat when that urge just takes over?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Have a little, make it fit.
  • ilig98
    ilig98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been making banana ice cream, peel then freeze banana in ziploc. once frozen blend if you'd like add a drop of chocolate syrup. This is so delicious even my child loves it. It has helped me so much and you can keep sobe in freezer for craving emergency or anytime dessert :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,034 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet. Fruit is always good. I like Greek yogurt. I especially like the Chobani flips because they have a lot of protein and they have candy in them. I think it helps to work treats into your goal. I've lost 47 pounds and I never feel deprived. I have tried many diets where I always felt like I was missing out. If you figure out how many calories you need then you can work in things you love and still lose.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Eat some protein instead
  • penelopeshortcake
    penelopeshortcake Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas!I love the flips also,especially the coconut and chocolate
  • katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Remember your goals and say no!
  • cesser1
    cesser1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have mini chocolates that are individually wrapped and only take one out at a time. Or fruit, or banana bread.
  • eunice74
    eunice74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like that idea helps with self control mini bites of chocolate. Thanks a lot
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    katie22mfp wrote: »
    Remember your goals and say no!

Meh. I prefer to make the treats fit into my goals and remember that this is a lifestyle change and sweets are a part of life...

I lost the weight I set out to lose (30 lbs) and am maintaining and never gave up sweets or anything else I enjoy.

OP I also enjoy those Chobani Flips, and a square of good dark chocolate or a serving of Talenti gelato is fairly manageable to fit in my day most days.
  • eunice74
    Options
    Thanks I do like the reminder on, Remember my goal. Sweets is part of my lifestyle to not feed into that thought. But if I want a sweet I will take your advice.
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fruit helps me, sweet and at least there is some nutritional value. Also, probably is lower in calories than cookies or candy bars.
  • eunice74
    Options
    Thank you so much for the reminder cookies and candy has no value
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    eunice74 wrote: »

How does it have no value?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Cookies and candy do have value. Life's too short not to have some joy in eating.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    eunice74 wrote: »

How does it have no value?

When eating at a deficit, cookies and candy do not have value in my diet. While I can make cookies and candy fit, I will be hungry because those calories lack the nutrition to satisfy my hunger. This is especially true when I only have 1200 calories to spend. This is true even when eating 1600-1800 calories.

Not recognizing this messes me up. I end up gaining or not losing.