40-60 lbs to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,872 Member
    Options
    In addition to the above, in case you haven't already, consider experimenting with your workout to find something that you very much enjoy doing. That makes it so much easier to stick with it.

And I found that once I got used to being routinely active, being inactive made me feel yucky in contrast - sluggish, tense, more negative mood, etc.

Good luck - it sounds like you're quite committed, so I'm betting you'll make this work!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Does your gym have classes? I find if I commit to going to Pilates class and put my name down, I get up and go. If I think, "Hey, it's Saturday morning, there's a Pilates class..." but I didn't sign, I'd much rather roll over and go back to sleep! LOL

Also, I don't know you about you, but usually after work, I just want to mentally unwind. Driving across town to the gym seems like too much. Maybe you can try to find something fun you can do for exercise that might not mean going to the gym. I have hula hoops, weights, and now a strider machine. My rule is that I can't watch tv unless I'm using one of them, so I get to be active and unwind while watching my favorite shows. (I've gotten really good at fast forwarding through commercials while hula hooping!)
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Honestly losing weight is 80% what you eat so start there. And try to take it slow working out. Add one extra day a week at a time. Or even something as simole as a walk during breaks at work.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    80/20. Don't get caught in the noise
  • Ktomeski
    Ktomeski Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yea my gym has classes but sadly they are during my work hours. Thanks everyone for their imputs.