Knee Pain, need home workout DVD

Options
stc74
stc74 Posts: 297 Member
I've been trying to the 30 Day Shred but my knees are making it very difficult. I modify movements but I don't think I'm getting the full workout because of it. I would like to find a DVD to use at home that I can just follow and not have to think about much. I'm on day 9 of level one. The jumping jacks, jump rope, lunges, knee circles in warm up, butt kicks all hurt. My knees sound like someone is stepping on cereal.

I'm going to use the gym more for elliptical, swimming and biking, though a workout video would also be helpful to keep changing it up and for days that I just don't have time to get to the gym, its an hour drive round trip.

I have been working at this, and the pain from trying to really kick it in the butt is discouraging.

Replies

• KnightsGal76
    KnightsGal76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would try Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Videos! They are awesome, kick butt but are low impact. I used them exclusively for the first 6 months of my weight loss journey.... and lost 35 lbs doing it :)
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try yoga, pilates, or zumba DVDs,
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    HI, A DVD THAT IS PRETTY EASY WITH NO JUMPING AND MAINLY SQUATS AND SUCH IS BUFF MOMS. I REALLY LIKE THAT DVD WHEN IT COMES TO DOING A LOW INTENSITY WORKOUT. DON'T GET ME WRONG, IT'S STILL HAS A GOOD IMPACT... BEFORE I BOUGHT 30DS I DID BUFF MOMS AND BUFF BRIDE... I REALLY LIKE THEM BOTH, YOU CAN GET THEM AT TJMAXX FOR 2.99 :))
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Got to come back for that info later. :D
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ok im back. I have been doing 30 day shred for 7 days now. (after no real exercise in around a year) And I did start of with some knee pain. Its not bad anymore. I was told to work at the stuff that hurts your knees slowly and the more exercise you get the better they feel. There not completely wonderful but they dont hurt like they did. Good luck to you! And I hope they stop buggin you as you go on with your exercising.