"fat" picture - motivating or de-motivating?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    OP - totally support doing it. I also think the before after side-by-side comparisons are awesome and really motivational.
  • DarnaDarnit
    DarnaDarnit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Motivating. I've keep both when trying to get in shape. An old photo of when I was in shape and what I want to get back to and a fat out of shape one of how I don't want to look.
  • GeneralEvad
    GeneralEvad Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I personally find it motivating. Those seem to be the only pictures I have. I have 30 more pounds to go to my goal weight. So I look at those pics and it makes me want to lose more and more.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    De-motivating for me.
    I'm not happy that I've put on weight again, why would I want to look at something constantly that makes me feel negative?
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    everyone's different. i find it unmotivating. i'm not ashamed of myself at my heaviest weight, but i wasn't thrilled about it, either. i find motivation by working toward something i really want rather than seeing something constantly i wasn't at all happy about and that is no longer the case.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Fat + current progress pic!! Keep it going.
  • flatcoatedR
    flatcoatedR Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Very un - motivating. I get depressed when I see fat pictures of myself. Heck, I get deppressed looking in the mirror. Why would I want to put that on my refrigerator. Not much hope in that. I usually try to find a picture of someone's body in a catalog or magazine (of course something realistic and achievable for my body type) dressed and styled like I would like to look someday.
  • KrissaJane92
    KrissaJane92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For ME, I have a fat picture and a current picture NEXT to each other and it's motivating.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I hated pictures of myself at my heaviest. I still do.I didn't find pictures of myself motivating then, and I don't now. but I have really enjoyed seeing the changes by comparing the (very few) pictures of myself when I'm heavy with ones that I've taken along the way. I did, however, find older images of myself when I was much younger and thinner to help keep me from stopping.

That said, I enjoy the memories I have with every picture, regardless of what weight I was.
  • UncaToddly
    UncaToddly Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    OP - totally support doing it. I also think the before after side-by-side comparisons are awesome and really motivational.

While I don't find them motivational (for me or otherwise), I completely agree that I love seeing them. Unless you have been with the person and know what they WERE like, it is hard to comprehend how far they have come. Even being the person it can be hard to truly visualize the difference.