:(

Options
Totally beating myself up over the fact that I ate kettle corn today at the derby. :,(

Replies

• Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Totally beating myself up over the fact that I ate kettle corn today at the derby. :,(

Don't. Log it and move on.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Don't be upset. Treats are okay. Just log the kettle corn and move on. There's no use being upset over a little corn. I have treats every single day, but I log it and make sure I stay within my calories, or I even eat at maintenance. No biggie. Weight loss is all about eating below your own personal maintenance, not the type of food that you eat. *hugs*
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Good thing it wasn't anything serious....if you beat yourself up over kettle corn....it's just kettle corn. Say it out loud and you'll get what I mean.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Why?

Kettle corn isn't bad. It's not bad for you. It probably tasted good.

Log it and move on.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you got a flat tire, would you get out and slash your three good tires? Nope, log it and move on, as the others have said. No reason to beat yourself up over it. Are you never going to eat kettle corn ever again? Never go to events like that? Gotta learn to roll with these things and work them into your goals if you're going to stick with this for life.

Heck I eat Kettle corn on occasion, and pop corn all the time - fits in my goals and is not a problem.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    What in the world is kettle corn?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options

If you are going to beat yourself up over that you are in for a real roller coaster ride. Don't sweat it. It's nothing!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Kettle Korn is delicious and should be consumed on occasion.
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

Amazing, that's what it is! :) It's popcorn that is salty and sweet. It's the only kind of popcorn I eat these days.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20808/kettle-corn/
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Ew.
  • my3fallkiddos
    my3fallkiddos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to NOT eat kettle corn! Enjoy it, log it, move on with life.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Ew.

There is nothing ew about kettle corn
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Yum... when you learn to accept that you run all of your choices you will be able to make the choices that you believe you should be making. And sometimes know that a treat is just fine in moderation. It's not like you are at the Derby every day.
  • cfpcyclist
    cfpcyclist Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMG! You got to go to the DERBY! Don't let some kettle tarnish your experience. Tomorrow, you can cut back a bit, exercise more or both.

This was the DERBY. It's a calorie free zone.

-Jay
    Alway looking for friends
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    cfpcyclist wrote: »
    OMG! You got to go to the DERBY! Don't let some kettle tarnish your experience. Tomorrow, you can cut back a bit, exercise more or both.

This was the DERBY. It's a calorie free zone.

-Jay
    Alway looking for friends

If I went to the derby, I'm pretty sure that I would drink enough booze to make kettle corn look like a gnat on a gorilla's *kitten*.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Now I wanna try to make kettle corn with butter instead of vegetable oil. Yummy.
  • cnhuston
    cnhuston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! PLUS...you were at the DERBY! Don't sweat it ;)