30day shred what size weights?

Options
I did my first 30 day shred today and used 5 lb weights that felt like 10lb after a bit Lol it def kicked my butt but I made it through with out stopping.
What size weights do you use?

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I switch it up. Sometimes I do 2-lb weights, sometimes 5lb. 5 is HARD for me though!
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like the 3 pound weights; a few of the exercises are getting easy though with 3 so I am thinking of bumping it up to 5
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I started with 3's. too easy for me, esp. with biceps. moved to 5, which is too hard for some moves, but I got tired of going back and forth, so I'm just using the 5 lbs.

It really does depend on the exercise for me.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I ONLY DO 3LB WEIGHTS. I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE A WEIGHT LIFTER :)) THE 3LB WEIGHTS HAVE BEEN GOOD TO ME, I HAVE SOME NICE TONED ARMS BECAUSE OF THEM :))
  • Frenshan
    Frenshan Posts: 44
    Options
    3 and 5 and you will figure out when to use which!! Lol ;)
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I actually started with medium-sized soup cans lol But I've upgraded to real weights - 3lb. I've got a 5lb set that I plan to graduate to eventually. But for now, the 3lb is fine.
  • tiff2275
    tiff2275 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished it and I used my 3 pound weights...perfect for me
  • rhapsody527
    Options
    I usually use 5, it seems to work pretty well.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I did my first round of it with 3s and I'm doing the second round with 5s.
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If you made it through with the 5 pound weights, I think you should stick with them- I find that they work well for me.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    5lbs but I really struggle through the side lunges in L1 and the v squats in L2. I just figure the harder it is the quicker the results :)
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    5 lb weights for most, but I definitely grabbed some soup cans to start with some of those moves!
  • sdj13
    sdj13 Posts: 23
    Options
    first time i did 30ds i used primarily 5 lbs for level 1, but incorporated 3s when necessary (like for the lateral raises that STILL kill me). i started level 2 with 3s and worked my way up to 5s, same with level 3. your body will tell you which weights are best :). if you can only do a certain move a efew times until you're really struggling, then it's probably better to drop down a couple pounds. but no matter what size weight you're using you're still getting a great workout!