HUGE NSV MOMENT FOR ME!!!

Options
Ok...so I have lost weight...but I HONESTLY don't see a huge difference when I look in the mirror. WELL, today I had to go buy a new dress for my daughter's wedding in 2 weeks. I walked into the Dress Barn and immediately went where I usually do to find just the "Right" Mother of the Bride dress... The sales associate came over and asked me if she could help me find anything.. I said.. "Yes.. I need to find a dress to wear for my daughter's wedding"... She said "Okay...but you are in the wrong section... this is the Plus Side...You need to go on the other side for your size"!! I wanted to tackle & hug her!! Instead I proudly said Thank You & went to the other side..where an associate helped me find the PERFECT dress!!! A size 14... Non-Stretch dress!!! I will post a picture on my profile once I have one taken... THANK YOU ALL for helping me along this path!! THANK YOU MFP!!!

Replies

• Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is spectacular! Oh, I dream of the day! Good job!

Kris
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    Nice!
  • Ashbashyoo
    Options
    thats awesome!! (:
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Great moment!! Way to go!!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    that is so cool. congratulations!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You must have been floating on air! Have a wonderful time at the wedding in your perfect, non-plus size dress!! :flowerforyou:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I bet that is going to make your daughter's wedding even better! Congratulations and I hope she has a wonderful wedding!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    good for you
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    That must be a great feeling! Congrats!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    Congrats....this is inspirational!!!!!!!!! I KNOW you were all giddy inside!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to say goodbye to the plus size section!:flowerforyou:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!

And now you will start to see yourself in a different light. I had a moment like that a couple of weeks ago, and ever since, I have really started to notice the difference. (and other people have, too!)

Can't wait to see your pictures -- have fun at your daughter's wedding!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    very, very, very nice :)
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    congrats! i guess your weight loss IS noticeable then haha (:
  • HelloKittyRx
    Options
    : )
  • denverdeb1
    denverdeb1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats - what a wonderful feeling!! Enjoy being the thinner mother of the bride!
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What a great moment for you, congrats!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is really wonderful - congratulations and enjoy the moment (and your daughter's wedding)!
  • candledeb
    candledeb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is great!! What kind of program are you on? Any particular weight loss plan? Please share! I'm just beginning this week and have 100 to lose ~ had foot surgery 7 weeks ago and am just starting to walk again with crutches ~ hopefully will be getting back on track walking soon! Keep up the good work & have fun at the wedding!