Advice about what to drink?

Options
Hi guys,

My diet overall is not to bad at all. :) However, regarding drinks, I only ever drink water, milk and fruit juice. I also drink alcohol but VERY occasionally! Something else that I add to my water quite often is Robinson's Cordial. I've been reading a lot about this, and it seems it has a lot of sugar in it? I drink a few glasses of it a day :s Would it be worth dropping it altogether and just sticking with water? Does anyone know of a cordial that is actually okay and fairly healthy for you that doesn't contain mountains of sugar?

Thanks so much for your help! :#

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Does it fit within your calorie goal? It's all about the calories in and calories out.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    You could drink sugar/ high caloric drinks all day as long as it fits in your calories.
    A professor ate twinkies for 3 weeks and lost weight to prove this point.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My major fluid is water! I do have a lite beer at night. If I want some fizz, I have one Diet Rite.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Sorry, never heard of Robinson's cordial. I'm partial to Old Charter 10. Don't add anything to it though.
  • freyjabibby
    freyjabibby Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A glass of diluted cordial is about 6-10 calories, so probably nothing to worry about on that side of things. If you're worried about sugar intake, they do have 'no added sugar' varieties.
    For me, personally, I tend to avoid cordial because I find the sweetness makes me more likely to start craving other sweet things, and it doesn't hydrate me as well as plain water, so I actually use cordial as a bit of a treat. My drink of choice is water with a dash of lemon juice added.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Does it fit within your calorie goal? It's all about the calories in and calories out.

This. You can eat/drink whatever, but you have to make it fit into your calorie allotment.
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

This. You can eat/drink whatever, but you have to make it fit into your calorie allotment.
    That just means you can drink 100 gallon of Diet cola (0 calories) and still be ok? I dont think so. Since sugar (or aspartame) is still bad in some sense to our health.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ise311 wrote: »

That just means you can drink 100 gallon of Diet cola (0 calories) and still be ok? I dont think so. Since sugar (or aspartame) is still bad in some sense to our health.

Why always the all or nothing mentality? It's fine in moderation. I don't just focus on calories though but want to reach my protein goal too.

Personally, drinks are just pretty much never worth the calories to me - maybe a couple times a year I'll have a latte or something.
  • erstork
    erstork Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find just some carbonated water (I use a soda stream) and a tablespoon of peach balsamic vinegar is refreshing and low in calories. There are so many balsamic vinegar flavor out now, you can try others like blueberry, chocolate and pomegranate fig!
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Seriously? If someone drank a hundred gallons of water (the main ingredient of diet soda), then they'd be DEAD.

Do you not have any common sense? Sheesh.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Do you have a reputable source for the claim about artificial sweeteners?
    No one drinks 100 gallons of anything.