Moving here from WW

Options
Good morning. I'm excited to try out MFP! I have 40 pounds to lose and am very unhappy that my old plan that I've been on for many years has now revamped. They have removed the forums and challenges and I are changing all the calculations. I am looking forward to trying out this new community! I'm planning on tracking both ways for a while to see how they compare.

Replies

• katie22mfp
    katie22mfp Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • faramelee
    faramelee Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!

I hope you don't mind me asking but why have you been on a plan for many years? It'd be nice to hear a bit more about you, your lifestyle and goals :)
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I use WW and MFP. The new points system is amazing. I've lost 19 pounds in a month and a half. It focuses on cutting out sugar and carbs and filling that in with fruits and veggies!! I like the points system because it's not as intimidating of a number as counting calories here. I do prefer the forums here and I've been on this site for a few years now (I made my first profile in 2011) Welcome to the community!!
  • llvinciguerra
    llvinciguerra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    faramelee wrote: »
    Welcome to MFP!!

I hope you don't mind me asking but why have you been on a plan for many years? It'd be nice to hear a bit more about you, your lifestyle and goals :)

Well, the "I've been on the old plan for year" means that I've been a member,used the plan to track food, and used it to chat with people and get ideas for meals, etc. I have been, like most people, up and down in weight. Recently my job has been such that I've had not as much time to exercise. So, I thought MFP would be a great way to track that and set a goal for myself.

As far as eating, I have switched from doing a lot of the "low-fat" and diet foods over the past year and have been focused more on eating natural foods (so higher in calorie but less of the artificial sweeteners, etc.). Unfortunately I think that my quantities have just been too high so need to get back to tracking to get things back in line.

So, the goals for me are to eat more fruits and veggies, less carbs, no artificial sweeteners and to exercise more! I am proud of myself for getting rid of diet soda in the past 2 weeks. I've been drinking it daily for as far as I can remember. For exercise, I would love to be able to get back into shape enough to run a 5K. Working up to that now. I did best when I could exercise in the morning but my commute doesn't allow it.
    I use WW and MFP. The new points system is amazing. I've lost 19 pounds in a month and a half. It focuses on cutting out sugar and carbs and filling that in with fruits and veggies!! I like the points system because it's not as intimidating of a number as counting calories here. I do prefer the forums here and I've been on this site for a few years now (I made my first profile in 2011) Welcome to the community!!

Looking forward to seeing how I do on both. I am sure their app will return some of the features I liked (drag and drop, weekly view, communities, challenges). I think they rushed it out the door without getting everything in place. We will see. I really do like their recipes.

Thank you both for the welcome!!
  • llvinciguerra
    llvinciguerra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I actually just found the community on the WW site. They just hid it :)