Whats a normal resting heart rate?

Options
flgirlsteph
flgirlsteph Posts: 125 Member
So I recently took my pulse after rigorous activity and it was 106...Then I took it again at a resting state and it was 100. Is this normal or something to worry about? Anyone else have the same results?

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    60-80 is a normal average.

Mine started at 72 in January and now hovers right around 60. I don't work out. Athletes have lower heart rates, generally.

Oh, and resting heart rate ought to be taken 10 minutes after waking up but before getting out of bed. Not after exercise. :) My HR is anywhere from 80 to 105 just walking around doing daily stuff.

Hope that helps. You have nothing to worry about. :)
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Mine is about 84. I think it will go down with regular exercising.

Remember that other things effect your HR like caffeine and dehydration
  • flgirlsteph
    Options
    Well i had gotten out of bed but had laid back down for a while...lol
  • flgirlsteph
    Options
    Mine is about 84. I think it will go down with regular exercising.

Remember that other things effect your HR like caffeine and dehydration

Might have been dehydrated I didnt drink much... but i do exercise everyday
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    Mine is usually right around 50.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    60-80 is normal for an adult. But there's lots of things that could have raised it (not waiting long enough after exercising, heat or cold, any sort of excitement, etc). Try taking your pulse first thing in the morning (but NOT if you just got startled by the alarm clock, lol)
  • flgirlsteph
    Options
    60-80 is normal for an adult. But there's lots of things that could have raised it (not waiting long enough after exercising, heat or cold, any sort of excitement, etc). Try taking your pulse first thing in the morning (but NOT if you just got startled by the alarm clock, lol)

Humm excitement...was hot to .. well guess imma see in the morning what it is
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Mine is 53 upon waking.

I take Adderal, so I could be just chilling during the day and it'll be in the 80-95 range.

The faster your heart rate recovers after exercise the healthier you are. I hit 182 during a circuit weight training session with my trainer. He had me sit down and within 30 seconds I was down to 133; he said that was pretty good.
  • thanish
    thanish Posts: 24
    Options
    mine as of today is at 60. it used to be at 80 - 90 at rest.