Does your body react or change after losing weight?

Options
I've lost two stones on slimming world programme, since then I've developed a constant hunger, is this my body reacting to losing weight?

Replies

• KrissaJane92
    KrissaJane92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Not really. Healthy weight loss is good for you and should feel good too.

It may be that you aren't used to eating moderate amounts, or that you are eating genuinely too little, or that you are eating unbalanced; and after the initial honeymoon phase of high motivation and great results, when your loss slows down, you are starting to feel the strain/boredom of the daily effort.

Plot in your stats in the guided setup
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
    and tell MFP that you want to lose no more than 1% of your body weight per week.
    Weigh everything you eat/drink, and aim to hit the calorie number MFP gave you, every day.
    Eat food you like, but also make sure you get in enough protein and fat, and fruit and vegetables every day.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Actually, lots of things in your body can change with large weight loss, including hormones (all hormones, not just sexual ones). But I do agree with other posters that if you're hungry all the time you might not be eating enough, or the best things. Protein & healthy fats will help keep you satiated.