Apple Watch

Options
I recently got an apple watch, but cannot figure out how to link the steps option to MFP. Does anyone have an apple watch that can help me?

Replies

• subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    As I recall you need to go into the Health app on your phone and set it up from there to partner with MFP
  • subakwa
    subakwa Posts: 347 Member
    Options
  • Toddsgirl27
    Toddsgirl27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, this is really helpful!
  • kimdawnhayden
    kimdawnhayden Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Yes, I set my up with my phone. I really like my watch. The only thing is on weight lifting it will not give me an accurate heart rate. Something to do with the blood vessels being constricted due to lifting weights and the way it monitors it on your wrist. My heart rate can be high, I can feel it, but the watch the says it's 65bpm. Which in turn throws your calorie count off. It works fine for cardio though.
  • Toddsgirl27
    Options
    I want to be able to sync my exercise along with my steps. Thank you for sharing this is awesome info.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Yes, I set my up with my phone. I really like my watch. The only thing is on weight lifting it will not give me an accurate heart rate. Something to do with the blood vessels being constricted due to lifting weights and the way it monitors it on your wrist. My heart rate can be high, I can feel it, but the watch the says it's 65bpm. Which in turn throws your calorie count off. It works fine for cardio though.

Try a Polar H7 strap. Works great for lifting for me and it's somewhat inexpensive and pairs easily with iPhone's. I think you can also pair it with the iPhone and the watch at the same time but don't quote me on that. I know it works by pairing with my M5 and my phone at the same time. One uses BT Low Energy and one uses ANT+ so it does both. Ever since I tried a wrist style blood pressure cuff when they first came out for Health Kit, I have steered clear of using anything that reads BP or HR on the wrist. It simply isn't accurate. Even with cardio I'd wonder if it was off or not.
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    subakwa wrote: »
    As I recall you need to go into the Health app on your phone and set it up from there to partner with MFP

How do you add MFP to the health app

• t4nn1e
    t4nn1e Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello - I noticed you said you've just bought an Apple Watch. Is it worth it?

I'd like to buy one but I can't decide if it's worth the money or not. Also, with the new one possibly being around the corner, I'm not sure whether to wait and look at the new one or if I should just go for it now. Xx
  • Toddsgirl27
    Options
    t4nn1e: I do like the watch, but a FitBit is better with the actual steps and tracking portion of exercise. I like that I can read my text messages discreetly while at work, and know when something needs done, but if I had to do it again I probably wouldn't have bought one.
  • cat18275
    cat18275 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the Apple Watch - not just for monitoring my heart/ steps but also to listen to my music at the gym. I just wear Bluetooth headphones which pairs to my watch and I'm off. No need to carry my phone around