Slimfast

Options
I just started today on slimfast. I want to lose 1 stone. Surprisingly I found it pretty good. Anyone have any positive experience with slimfast?

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Sure, it will help you lose weight. Just remember if you don't change your habits you absolutely will gain once you begin eating normally.

I use the shakes as a tool, not a meal replacement. They're yummy like chocolate milk, gives me a sweet tasting treat, decent on calories and protein so I use them as a snack once a day. There are many paths to losing weight just remember in the end it's always CICO and you likely will not be able to do slim fast for your entire life.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    New answer: Someday try a protein shake instead.
    It will save you money.
    Some slimfast cans contain 19 grams of sugar. Keep an eye on that.
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-energy-nutritional-drinks-creamy-milk-chocolate-shake_f-ZmlkPTk0NzE1.html
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    waaay too much sugar imo
  • Jericha1992
    Jericha1992 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    They make a tasty snack when I'm too lazy to eat solid food lol.
  • pcbanzho
    pcbanzho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes, great past and present experiences with Slimfast. Used it 13 years ago, lost weight (20+lbs) right before my wedding, but, also bikerode around neighborhood. Began Slimfast 4/9/16, weight loss a little slow (4-5 lbs)because, after having child (9yrs old), and I'm 43 years old,my metabolism ain't what it used to be. Exercise has helped moved the scale down, finally. It won't work unless you add excercise a few times/week.
  • pcbanzho
    pcbanzho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you're concerned about artificial sweeteners, go with the Slimfast Advanced Nutrition Smoothies powder. Sweetened with Sucralose.
  • Sassie_Lassie
    Sassie_Lassie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    pcbanzho wrote: »
    If you're concerned about artificial sweeteners, go with the Slimfast Advanced Nutrition Smoothies powder. Sweetened with Sucralose.

Um, sucralose is an artificial sweetener. You must have it confused with sucrose.
  • cnhuston
    cnhuston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I used slimfast many years ago. I had great results with it and lost 80 lbs. Then I found Costco's weight loss shakes (didn't have any artificial sweeteners!) and was very happy. However, they have since discontinued them and I'm back to slimfast. I love the cappuccino flavor :p I use it when I'm too busy at work to eat or when I'm on my way home from work and don't want to be tempted to eat before bed. I usually don't drink more than one shake a day though. I think the slimfast plan that they advertise is too unrealistic to stick to for long term.
  • skinnymalinkyscot
    skinnymalinkyscot Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i keep one in my handbag so if im out for the day and cant find anything i fancy to eat at lunchtime i have my slimfast instead
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I used slimfast many years ago. I had great results with it and lost 80 lbs. Then I found Costco's weight loss shakes (didn't have any artificial sweeteners!) and was very happy. However, they have since discontinued them and I'm back to slimfast. I love the cappuccino flavor :p I use it when I'm too busy at work to eat or when I'm on my way home from work and don't want to be tempted to eat before bed. I usually don't drink more than one shake a day though. I think the slimfast plan that they advertise is too unrealistic to stick to for long term.

Why not eat before bed?