why do I feel lazy

Options
mtbdcl
mtbdcl Posts: 15 Member
ey guys I wanna ask u something .. why is that before my period (the whole week before it) I always feel so lazy like I just wanna lay down and sleep even tho I sleep well through the night .. and even stuff like coffee that gives me energy does not work on me (even tho I don't drink it everyday more like once every 2/3 weeks) ?? :(

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    u should have your vitamin d checked also your iron
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That's a completely normal symptom of PMS. It is due to changes in your hormones.
  • mtbdcl
    Options
    u should have your vitamin d checked also your iron
    I never thought about but hopefully I'll do it soon

thanks for the advice everyone

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You know how when you have pushed it exercising, have sore muscles (I am not talking about the sharp pain of injury here), and the last thing you want to do is another workout? Yet, if you push through it and do the workout, your muscles feel less sore?

The same thing is true for me when I am feeling low energy. I probably wouldn't attempt a super strenuous workout, but moderate activity might actually help you feel less tired and a bit more energetic. It might be worth a try to see if it helps you.

• mtbdcl
    Options
    ziggy2006 wrote: »
    You know how when you have pushed it exercising, have sore muscles (I am not talking about the sharp pain of injury here), and the last thing you want to do is another workout? Yet, if you push through it and do the workout, your muscles feel less sore?

The same thing is true for me when I am feeling low energy. I probably wouldn't attempt a super strenuous workout, but moderate activity might actually help you feel less tired and a bit more energetic. It might be worth a try to see if it helps you.

oh that I did try that yet only after a few mins and I already feel like I would fall on my face like really its so hateful feeling I really wanna move but my body is just not responding well and idk why
  • JenRainbow1
    JenRainbow1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hate that the energy flags, I get it a few days before and horrible headaches. I just do yoga or pilates so I'm still moving but maybe not so intense.
    Exercise can give you energy too :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough rest.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Definitely have iron, vitamin D, potassium, and vitamin B levels checked. I was low on potassium so eat a banana daily for 2-3 days prior to TOM.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    That's a completely normal symptom of PMS. It is due to changes in your hormones.

Yeah, unfortunately my period is due in a few days and I can feel every damn symptom right now including the crushing depression.
  • mtbdcl
    Options
    Definitely have iron, vitamin D, potassium, and vitamin B levels checked. I was low on potassium so eat a banana daily for 2-3 days prior to TOM.
    I'll keep that in mind

• mtbdcl
    Options
    thanks all