Weekend/Vacation Help

Options
I've been religious about logging everything for a month now, and I've had a fair amount of success using MFP. However - as has always been my problem in weight loss -- I backtracked SIGNIFICANTLY this weekend when I went out of town for a family event (which involved 14+ hours car travel over three days). It wasn't as though I did NOTHING physical - I did 50min cardio Friday, 40 min Saturday, and 35min Sunday. However, my train wreck of a diet made me regain 4.2 pounds from Friday to today. I'm embarassed to even admit what I consumed. I know some of that 4.2lbs is water weight... but still...

What are some of your strategies to stay on track during the weekend and/or vacation times? I'm about to visit the in-laws for a week, and I can use all the advice I can get... particularly since their diet and activity habits are less than stellar.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I go away for the weekend my main aim is to have a great time, but, I do make sure I go for a walk and then get back on track when I get home.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I try to just have basically 2 meals and a snack. That way I can go over on the meals and it comes out pretty good. I still try to have mostly healthy food and really watch the portions. We went out for dessert this weekend while visiting my mom and went to the frozen yogurt place instead of the ice cream shop. I really try to eat more protein and less carbs so I stay full longer. Keep busy so you're not thinking so much about food. Good luck!