I was doing so well but then...

Options
....my old ways all came crashing back, hard times started to weigh on me more and more and the stress makes it so hard to stick to a diet :[. I keep trying but I can't seem to do well for a full day anymore..and i'm feeling really self loathing because of it...which is of course causing me to want to eat junk even more :[. I don't know how to have the will power to start over and stay on the right track :[.

Replies

• Pixie7210
    Pixie7210 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If feel exactly the same. But I guess its better to start again tomorrow and give it another go than not start again at all.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as starting over. You know what you need to eat and how to eat it.

Just do what is right.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having such a hard time right now. Remember that all you can control in life is what YOU can control. Food choices is within your control. You can do this. You have not failed when you've come back!!
  • brutalrage
    brutalrage Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels. I am experiencing the same thing right now. For the last two months I feel off the wagon and it has been hard to get back but I am slowly getting back to it. It just take one step at a time to get back there.

Just remember your not the only one that gets like that and your not alone.
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree with sharon. You cant fail if you don't quit. If its to overwhelming to think of the whole day at one time, focus on what you want to in the morning and then focus on the evening. We support you and believe that you can do it.
  • Danidelion
    Danidelion Posts: 70
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think the most important thing to me right now is to feel like I'm not alone, and this site definitely does that.
  • SugarRose
    SugarRose Posts: 16
    Options
    Been there and done that.. Just Never give up on your goal, one day your inter mind will "get it" and you will find yourself eating healthier and sticking with the plan with less down times. Good Luck:smile:
  • Oriole28
    Oriole28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dandi,

Don't rely on will power. Constancy is the key. Keep logging your foods even if you go over your calorie limit. Log everything! Making better food choices comes over time. First you need the consistency of being accountable and then you can make imrovements. Make a goal of coming in under your daily calorie count a few times a week then re-adjust your goals accordingly. When I first started with MFP it took a while to learn how to make better food choices. A few small victories keep you headed in the right direction so don't give up. Remember, will power is used for short burst of intensity like getting started on something, constancy is what keeps the progress rolling. We didn't learn how to eat wrong overnight so it will take some time for us to learn how to make better choices.
  • rafaelwall
    rafaelwall Posts: 16
    Options
    You can do it!! I love that saying that goes "Fall down seven times, get up eight!" That's what matters - if you feel like you're failing, accept it, start over and off you go. Maybe the changes you need are related to those situations of stress... yeah, it's easy just to go get some fast food. Maybe you need to chose among what's not so bad (i.e., chicken sandwich as opposed to cheese burger, diet soda instead of coke, etc). Or if you were working out and sometimes you don't feel like doing it, try to walk as much as you can during the day as opposed as taking the car, riding the bus, etc. Good luck!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it hun! we all fall off the train once in a while (heck I think I totally lost my track somewhere) Just keep in mind WHY you have set your goals in place, and take it one day at a time.anything more then that will just overwhelm you.
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. This weekend it was the celebration of midsummer's eve here in Sweden. That means of course: loads and loads of mum's food... It went quite bad.

But, there is a quote by the magnificent Tony Robbins that goes "The difference between a pro and an amateur is consistency." That inspires me.
  • RiseWayward
    RiseWayward Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i had a bad week from last tuesday - until sunday. it was definitely a slippery slope and ive put on several pounds which i thought id left in the past :( buuuut i decided to start over yday, ate really healthy and am feeling the benefits already! same again to day!
    i'm sure you can do the same! just take it one day at a time. if you do it TODAY i guarantee you'll want to do it again TOMORROW! most importantly, dont fell alone :) we're all here xx