1200 calories

Options
Im a bit confused, to be considered healthy or out of starvation mode, do you need to keep your calories higher then 1200 or net calories?

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    net calories need to be 1200 or more
  • siufat2409
    siufat2409 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I keep eating 1200 Kcal but seems.............I can't cut weight!!
  • ChunkyChicTrying
    ChunkyChicTrying Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think this is very individual based on the personal diet you are following, for myself I am doing Medifast and I average about 950 calories a day, carbs at 80-85 and my fat grams under 25, but my protien is at about 140 grams or more a day. I know not the answer your looking fur but more so an explanation of just how individual this can actually be. I wish you the best and most postive results and sucess on your weight loss journey.

Hearts & Hugs
    Chunky
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    "Starvation mode" is not a thick black line that you cross when you go below 1200 calories.
    Your body pays attention to the fuel its getting and if it (and it depends on your individual makeup) thinks it's not getting as much as its comfortable with it "decreases metabolism" by ajusting various factors (efficiency of energy use, making you feel cold, making you more tired so you do less) and increases the storage of food when it does recieve it (instead of immediately raising metabolism to burn off excess).

It's not just 1201 calories, metabolism same as when eating 3000 calories, 1200, metabolism slows to a crawl. It's a continum. When people eat excess they increase the amount they burn too (just not enough, depending on their individual body's propensity to lay down fat).
  • AlliBart
    AlliBart Posts: 4
    Options
    I think that this site gives you a goal of calories for being sedentary. The more you move, the more calories you can consume. The 1200 calorie goal is if you just sit on your butt all day and still want to loose weight. An active person should have more and you will see when you add your exercises that you "earn" more calories. Hope this helps and explains it.