NSV - I ran...er, jogged...er, waddled

Options
amsparky
amsparky Posts: 825 Member
So, I am now considering myself done with C25K now and today I did something I have never done before.

Wait for it...

I jogged, nonstop for 2.5 miles. Seriously. I had never run an entire mile straight since high school and even though I was a sprinter in middle school, I stopped because I was so bad at running anything over 200m.

Today I did 2.5 miles. Unbelievable.

An old lady with a walker could have lapped me and a pregnant woman on the treadmill was WAY faster (and she was at least 6 mos preggo). But I didn't stop. :)

Replies

• sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! you're amazing!!
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    great job!!!!!!!!!!! that is AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • mwatson23
    mwatson23 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love it, your topic totally made me laugh and trust me I can relate! Feels good to just keep going sometimes. My sister is a big runner and she says at some point you just break through the point where it hurts and you love it...I'm still waiting for that point but I will keep the faith she's not totally nuts ;) One foot in front of the other! Congrats!!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    That is SO awesome!!! I'll be right behind you soon enough. I hope. I still have to slow to a speed walk 3 times during a mile and catch my breath (used to be 4 times, so I'm improving). Way to stick to it and keep trying!! You've inspired me!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Go you! I finished c25k but it takes me 45 minutes to do a 5k. Sometimes I start beating myself up about being "too slow", but then I remind myself that at the beginning of March jogging for a minute was incredibly hard, so being able to jog a 5k is a huge improvement.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support guys - much appreciated!! :) Eventually I will work on my speed, but for now, it's pushing myself to keep running. I get winded a lot later in the run, so that's an improvement. :)
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Great job! Hoping to start C25K in the near future!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Great job! It takes me about 51 minutes to wog (walk/jog) a 5K, but it's not about how fast you go...the important thing is that you're getting up off your butt. Keep up the good work!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Congrats! This is inspiring to me, as I'm starting week 4 of c25k tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about 5 minutes, but I know I'll make it. And none of us needs to worry about being slow; no matter how slow we are, we're lapping everyone on the couch. On Friday it seriously took me a full 2 minutes to pass an old lady walking about 15 feet in front of me..and I was "running". I don't care. You shouldn't either; we're doing it, and that's all that matters!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Right on!!!!! That is so great!!
  • readytodrop60
    Options
    That's fantastic! Such a huge accomplishment!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!! I'm a really slow runner too (it makes me smile just to call myself a runner) but I've decided that endurance is the first hurdle, speed can come after.
    I remember running by the river one day and noticing two women walking ahead of me and being astounded at how long it took me to catch up to them... I did pass them eventually but either they were walking VERY fast or I was VERy slow!
  • mony956
    mony956 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are an inspiration, hearing these success stories makes me want to work harder. I haven't run since I was in high school as well and I remember how much I LOVED it. Hubby and I made a pact that we will run a 5k marathon... a good goal to work towards within the coming year. Keep up the great work! You can do it!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    haha THATS AWESOME! wtg!
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
    I can relate, I used to sprint competitivly and used to run longer distances for fun :/ Now there is definatley no fun in running...hopefully that will change in the near future!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!