Minimal weight loss + toning

Options
Hi guys! I have been working on losing weight for awhile now, and over the last 2 years I went from 300 to 165 pounds. I am 5'6 and 21 years old, and pretty close to a normal bmi. I actually don't have a ton of fat on me (extra skin, blah) but I could probably lose another 10 pounds with diet and exercise (and I would like to.)

My confusion is that I'm at a place now where my focus is more on getting fit and healthy than just eating low calorie and losing weight. I would like to tone, but I know that generally doesn't happen eating a deficit.

Does anyone know what my macros should be for fitness goals with minimal weight loss? I am just starting to do yoga and pilates and I do cardio 4-5 times a week on the elliptical for 45 minutes. I plan to start doing weights when I drop those last 10 pounds and can stop eating at a deficit.

Replies

• liams987
    liams987 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I personally recommend keepinh your protein high around 30% -40% and keeping fat low around 20% as you will maintain as much muscle as possible. Doing a clean bulk once you start weight lifting will maximize the amount of muscle your gaining while maintaining a healthy physique!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Dont wait to start strength training!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Dont wait to start strength training!

I agree. I have only been at it a few weeks, but I've lost inches already! Cardio won't help change the shape or tone of your body :)