Mental health is as important as physical health to me! :)

Options
Hi! I've been on mfp for 60ish days now and have been losing 1-3lbs a week...happily! I'm open to connecting to other mfp's who value positivity, good humor/humour and work, work, work! I hope you're having a fab Sunday :)

Replies

• jasmang
    jasmang Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who is working towards their goals! We are all strong and amazing!!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    AlyAlyAlyboo Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thx for your posts! I'm glad you're doing well..it all takes effort for sure!! Thx for connecting:)
  • KarissaThurau
    KarissaThurau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Totally with you! I have depression and high anxiety and I'm so hoping all the exercise and focus on my physical health with my mental health. Would love to connect and try to share the positivity
  • DarthSamson
    DarthSamson Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    getting ready for monday...
  • BeautyPi
    BeautyPi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have had the worst time over the last year or so with anxiety and stress as I went from a very healthy individual to being diagnosed with a horrible immune system disorder, spending days on end in hospital, loosing my mobility for few months. Now I'm on a steady phase of controlling my condition still long way to go. Feel free to add me, or anyone who wants to know how I survived from doing Shaun Ts Insanity one month to being bed ridden the next!
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx @BeautyPi I sent a message! I'm familiar with this too...lets work together on this :)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Just checking in :)
  • crazydogladyjess
    crazydogladyjess Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I loved the subject line and totally agree. I was simultaneously thrilled to see it was posted by someone I am pals with while also sad that I don't have the chance to add another MFPer with a good outlook on this, haha. Keep at it :)
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi Aly! :-)

I have a hard time with the mental health stuff, which is a contributing factor to needing to keep an eye on my physical health (read- stop excessively gaing weight on medications) as well. They do really feed into each other regardless of the involvement of meds, too, though.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx so much for your posts above, you both are so fab :)
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    mental health is actually MORE important to me, but I'm a touch biased since I've suffered my whole life with 2 very debilitating mental illnesses but have always been pretty healthy physically.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    @DennisA70 beautifully put :)
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Mental health issues are often overlooked in our society today, especially because they can not be seen in many cases. Keeping yourself healthy is very important to helping with these issues. I have two kids who have various forms of mental illness and keeping myself fit is important for me now but also in the future when they are going to need our help.
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I agree w this 100%. I'm taking the approach with focusing on my mental
    Health first and a stable, healthy happy weight will follow! Not the other way around! Hugs and high fives to you all
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey Aly, I absolutely agree with you, emotional well-being is so important. I've been on mfp since January and the positivity of the people I've met on here is definitely helping to keep me motivated & focussed. Trying to improve my physical health is actually providing a much needed & welcome distraction from the demons in my head although at times it is a cause of frustration when the scales stop moving! Nice to see mental health acknowledged, its an invisible battle that many of us are fighting.
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Checking in :) I hope everyone is having a fab day! Today I started my break from the scale for 3 weeks and just taking measurements...focusing on strength and shape for 3 weeks ....laughs and positivity helps Thx for connecting :)
  • elhamyusuf
    elhamyusuf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is an inspirational thread! I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and depression. With my meds, I have piled on 15 pounds. I am ready to feel strong, healthy and fit again:-)
  • AlyAlyAlyboo
    Options
    Thx for posting and connecting :)