Is it possible...

Options
to lose 6lbs in 5 days? i have been working out like crazy i just hope there real results...

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Probably not. That is too much weight to lose in less than a week. Slow and steady wins the race! Don't burn yourself out. Also don't be discouraged if you don't see a loss, especially if you're just starting to exercise because you'll probably gain muscle starting off.
  • zackary90
    zackary90 Posts: 26
    Options
    on the scale it says i lost 6lbs should i believe this? i see it on the biggest looser all the time ahah
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    on the scale it says i lost 6lbs should i believe this? i see it on the biggest looser all the time ahah

Weight comes off people who are super obese MUCH faster than smaller people. From your profile photo you look quite small?

It's possible that you're down 6 lbs. Our bodies fluctuate a few pounds here and there daily. And especially at the beginning of weight loss, the pounds will typically come off strong in the beginning before they start slowing down.
  • daniellerp
    daniellerp Posts: 21
    Options
    ya, I've lost 8 pounds in a week before....if you do a major switch up in your diet and go from basically sedentary to extremely active I've seen it happen...some of it is water weight. Keep up the good work though, next week will be less weight even with the same amount of work but stick with it and you will definitely continue to lose weight.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser contestants work out for about 5 hours a day. Also, the more you weigh, the quicker the initial loss. Your scale may need to be calibrated. Weigh yourself 3 times and take the average, or get a new scale. Scales are more inaccurate than you may think..my brother once weighed himself, went to the bathroom and immediately weighed again (curiosity, I guess?) and it said he'd lost 19 pounds.
  • zackary90
    Options
    Its just the 360 angle that makes me look thinner haha you know that pose... but my bmi is obese
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    First, did you weigh yourself at the same time of day both times? Weight can fluctuate as much as 3-5 lbs through the day (due to water, waste retention/expulsion, or other factors). I always weigh first thing in the morning, after bathroom but before shower or clothes.

When we make a change, like working out more and drinking more water (an eating less sodium) our body can release water it's been retaining. It's most likely that water weight that your scale is showing. Yes, you probably did lose 6 lbs, but it's likely no more than a lb or so in actual fat loss.

Just keep going and your weight loss should settle into a steady rate.
  • zackary90
    Options
    The Biggest Loser contestants work out for about 5 hours a day. Also, the more you weigh, the quicker the initial loss. Your scale may need to be calibrated. Weigh yourself 3 times and take the average, or get a new scale. Scales are more inaccurate than you may think..my brother once weighed himself, went to the bathroom and immediately weighed again (curiosity, I guess?) and it said he'd lost 19 pounds.
    Must have had a heavy burrito haha jk... i hope its right though
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    BMI isn't accurate either. It doesn't take muscle into account. Body builders are considered obese even if they only have 5% body fat.
  • zackary90
    Options
    well i guess the only real way to tell is if i weigh myself next week and see what it says ive taken "Before" pics maybe ill see a change.. somewhere but in April i weighed 259 today i weighed 243 so ill cross my fingers..
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Don't forget about water weight!!
  • zackary90
    Options
    Don't forget about water weight!!
    yea i sweat alot during workouts maybe this is why i see a big change but i also drink tons of water
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    to lose 6lbs in 5 days? i have been working out like crazy i just hope there real results...

Yes, it's possible. I lost 5+ pounds a week when I first started, because I'm very heavy. It's slowed to 2-3 lbs a week, and I'm sure that, as time goes on, it will probably get down to 1 or so a week. Just make sure you're not starving, that you're getting a healthy array of food and enough calories to keep you going.

Kris